Lots of "no connections"?
- Hello. I'm getting lots of "no connection"s where I used to never get
them. It works for a while, but after about 10% of the final list is
generated, "no connection"s start happening, and soon afterwards ALL
errors are "no connection"s.
I tried these things:
- Increase timeout config: added "timeout=120" to xenu.ini;
- Turned off HTTP 1.1.
- Unchecked orphan report, and then all but "broken links by links".
- Increased threads from 1 to 8, 30, 70, 100.
- A search string of "http://www.uchsc.edu/" and internal site of
"*.uchsc.edu", then "http://www.uchsc.edu" and no internal sites.
My environment is a Windows XP Pro SP 1 desktop running XENU 1.2f,
querying a Red Hat Enterprise Linux version __, running "Server:
Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) PHP/5.0.0 FrontPage/184.108.40.2060 mod_ssl/2.8.19
OpenSSL/0.9.7d". Everything is fully patched, though not nec. at the
The web server (www.uchsc.edu) is not busy. If I "telnet
www.uchsc.edu 80" with HTTP 1.1 it complains that I did not send a
fully-qualified host name (though my browser wasn't having a problem).
The only things left that I can think of:
- a loop in the HTML?
- an Apache config mistake (unlikely)?
- I can try it on a Windows/IIS server here.
I can provide anything you'd like - my XENU.ini, XENU config, etc.