Lots of "no connections"?

  • David.Menges@UCHSC.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2005
      Hello. I'm getting lots of "no connection"s where I used to never get
      them. It works for a while, but after about 10% of the final list is
      generated, "no connection"s start happening, and soon afterwards ALL
      errors are "no connection"s.

      I tried these things:
      - Increase timeout config: added "timeout=120" to xenu.ini;
      restarted Xenu.
      - Turned off HTTP 1.1.
      - Unchecked orphan report, and then all but "broken links by links".
      - Increased threads from 1 to 8, 30, 70, 100.
      - A search string of "http://www.uchsc.edu/" and internal site of
      "*.uchsc.edu", then "http://www.uchsc.edu" and no internal sites.

      My environment is a Windows XP Pro SP 1 desktop running XENU 1.2f,
      querying a Red Hat Enterprise Linux version __, running "Server:
      Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) PHP/5.0.0 FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_ssl/2.8.19
      OpenSSL/0.9.7d". Everything is fully patched, though not nec. at the
      latest versions.

      The web server (www.uchsc.edu) is not busy. If I "telnet
      www.uchsc.edu 80" with HTTP 1.1 it complains that I did not send a
      fully-qualified host name (though my browser wasn't having a problem).

      The only things left that I can think of:
      - a loop in the HTML?
      - an Apache config mistake (unlikely)?
      - I can try it on a Windows/IIS server here.

      I can provide anything you'd like - my XENU.ini, XENU config, etc.