Re: [xenu-usergroup] Question on usage of "//"

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9 9:52 AM
      On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:38:35 -0500, Neal Applebaum wrote:

      >We recently published a number of web pages where the URL had two slashes
      >instead of one; e.g.:
      >
      >http://xxx.com/folder1//images/image.jpg
      >
      >None of the browsers (IE, Mozilla, Safari) seemed to care how many slashes
      >there were, and neither did Xenu.

      Not true. Xenu does report "//" as error. Do you have the current
      version?

      Tilman
    • Neal Applebaum
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 9 10:03 AM
        I have version: "Xenu Link Sleuth 1.2f".

        Thanks

        On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:38:35 -0500, Neal Applebaum wrote:

        >We recently published a number of web pages where the URL had two slashes
        >instead of one; e.g.:
        >
        >http://xxx.com/folder1//images/image.jpg
        >
        >None of the browsers (IE, Mozilla, Safari) seemed to care how many
        slashes
        >there were, and neither did Xenu.

        Not true. Xenu does report "//" as error. Do you have the current
        version?

        Tilman

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Neal Applebaum
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 9 10:11 AM
          You're right - in a simple case like I gave, Xenu did identify it - I
          checked with a simple path. I can't really explain the nature of the site
          that failed - it's a complicated series of redirects etc. -, but thanks
          anyway. I was interested in the nature of how/why browsers ignore it.

          Thanks