Large reports fail to open

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2005
      hi all,

      does anyone have experience with large xen reports (over 20.000
      links)?

      when they are done and i try to open a web browser report ("R"),
      xenu crashes.

      is this something about memory limitations?

      i have 512 MB ram and a virtual memory paging file of 1024 Mb.

      any help is welcome,

      frank
    • Frank Visser
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2005
        Looking closer at my configuration, i have a pagefile of 1024 Mb on a D:
        partitioning of my hard disk.

        The available space on D: is 2791 Mb.

        Anyone?

        Frank Visser, Waterpoortweg 279, 1051 pv, Amsterdam

        Author of: Ken Wilber: Thought as Passion SUNY 2003

        Read all about Ken Wilber : http:// <http://www.integralworld.net>
        www.integralworld.net

        _____

        does anyone have experience with large xen reports (over 20.000
        links)?

        when they are done and i try to open a web browser report ("R"),
        xenu crashes.

        is this something about memory limitations?

        i have 512 MB ram and a virtual memory paging file of 1024 Mb.

        any help is welcome,

        frank

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Farrell, Jenny
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2005
          Frank,

          I have a problem with large reports but they will open eventually.
          However, the reason it seems to show so many links is because it doesn't
          completely check. It seems to find a small number of links then timeout
          and say they all failed. I have to run it around 100 times over and over
          to get it to breakdown that list - first it climbs up bit by bit until
          it hits the correct number of pages then I have to force it to keep
          trying until it goes back through them al and eventually we get to an
          acceptable number of broken links.

          Hope this helps,

          Jenny

          does anyone have experience with large xen reports (over 20.000
          links)?

          when they are done and i try to open a web browser report ("R"),
          xenu crashes.

          is this something about memory limitations?

          i have 512 MB ram and a virtual memory paging file of 1024 Mb.

          any help is welcome,

          frank

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Visit our website at http://www.aqa.org.uk

          DISCLAIMER:
          This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee, is strictly confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee you may not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Please also destroy this message and notify us immediately by reply.
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 20, 2005
            On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:55:02 -0000, Farrell, Jenny wrote:

            >Frank,
            >
            >I have a problem with large reports but they will open eventually.
            >However, the reason it seems to show so many links is because it doesn't
            >completely check. It seems to find a small number of links then timeout
            >and say they all failed. I have to run it around 100 times over and over
            >to get it to breakdown that list - first it climbs up bit by bit until
            >it hits the correct number of pages then I have to force it to keep
            >trying until it goes back through them al and eventually we get to an
            >acceptable number of broken links.

            I'd recommend to set less threads. Since I have DSL, I work best with
            only 5-10.
          • Frank Visser
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 20, 2005
              Hi tilman,

              Did you respond to the orginal issue mentioned in this thread: reports above
              9.000 links fail to open in a browser for me?

              (was on holiday for 2 weeks, so perhaps I have missed that mail).

              My pagefile settings and all that were mentioned in the original posting.

              Would be great to know what exactly is the bottle neck here.

              Tnx,

              Frank Visser, Waterpoortweg 279, 1051 pv, Amsterdam

              Author of: Ken Wilber: Thought as Passion SUNY 2003

              Read all about Ken Wilber : http:// <http://www.integralworld.net>
              www.integralworld.net

              _____

              On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:55:02 -0000, Farrell, Jenny wrote:

              >Frank,
              >
              >I have a problem with large reports but they will open eventually.
              >However, the reason it seems to show so many links is because it doesn't
              >completely check. It seems to find a small number of links then timeout
              >and say they all failed. I have to run it around 100 times over and over
              >to get it to breakdown that list - first it climbs up bit by bit until
              >it hits the correct number of pages then I have to force it to keep
              >trying until it goes back through them al and eventually we get to an
              >acceptable number of broken links.

              I'd recommend to set less threads. Since I have DSL, I work best with
              only 5-10.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dsstmd/M=324658.6070095.7083352.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705005512:HM/EXP=1109025299/A=2343726/R=0/SIG=12inaei6l/*http:/clk.a
              tdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1108938899943570>
              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dsstmd/M=324658.6070095.7083352.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705005512:HM/EXP=1109025299/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12inaei6l/*http:/clk.a
              tdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1108938899943570>

              Get unlimited calls to
              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dsstmd/M=324658.6070095.7083352.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705005512:HM/EXP=1109025299/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12inaei6l/*http:/clk.a
              tdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1108938899943570>

              U.S./Canada
              <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129dsstmd/M=324658.6070095.7083352.3001176/D=gr
              oups/S=1705005512:HM/EXP=1109025299/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12inaei6l/*http:/clk.a
              tdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1108938899943570>

              <http://view.atdmt.com/VON/view/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=11089388
              99943570>

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=324658.6070095.7083352.3001176/D=groups/S=
              :HM/A=2343726/rand=954772946>

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 20, 2005
                On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 00:39:45 +0100, Frank Visser wrote:

                >Hi tilman,
                >

                >Did you respond to the orginal issue mentioned in this thread: reports above
                >9.000 links fail to open in a browser for me?

                No. This is a problem with your browser or your computer. Use a
                different browser or a different computer, or correct some links to that
                the report get smaller...