Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: Server Connection Terminates Abnormally

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
      On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:25:43 -0000, eenidagent@... wrote:

      >> I'd believe it is a search engine problem. Many "professionals"
      >ignore search engine optimizing.
      >
      >At the time I had the work done SEO was on my list of additions.
      >
      >Prior to the work I was getting 2,000 customers a day from Google,
      >under 200 customers now.

      This does suggest a SEO problem.

      >Same keywords, titles, descriptions. The
      >only thing I can find or measure is the speed issue interlinked with
      >the timeouts and no connections.

      Tell us (or just me, if you don't want to have the name of your shop in
      the yahoo groups archive) your URL, and I'll have a look if I notice
      anything... I'm not a SEO "expert", but I have read articles on the
      topic since search engines exist. I can give your simple advices that
      you could confirm by looking at your page.

      >> talking about dirty "tricks",
      >
      >Is there a service or software to test for this?

      Don't know... one can look. For example, tons of irrelevant hidden
      keywords can be found by pressing CTRL-A while viewing the page. Useless
      meta keywords can be found by looking at the source.

      What you can also do, is to search on google/yahoo for what you think
      your customers would search. Then look where you are on google, and
      where the others are.

      One more thing about your connections... go to different internet cafes
      (at the time when you usually have most customers), and access your shop
      to see how it works.

      Tilman
    • eenidagent@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 19, 2005
        Using Xenu over the weekend I flooded my website (www.eenid.us) with
        over 500,000 hits trying to complete a clean broken links test. Now
        it is a matter of time to see if there is any results.

        I can report no broken links and the "no
        connection", "cancelled/timeout" and "connection aborted" error
        messages are drastically reduced. As of now no website test for
        broken links has completed without indictions of network blockages
        and/or failures.

        I did use a trial version of WebPartner to actually run tests on my
        website and was getting confirmations of the Xenu error data.