Server Connection Terminates Abnormally

  • eenidagent@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 15, 2005
      Hello

      Thank God for Xenu it knows more then the professionals are telling
      me! While testing for broken links I am finding what appears to be
      broken scripts and broken networks, too. The broken links I am
      fixing, but is there any advice on getting the network and scripts
      fixed?

      My website is a 14,000 html page Yahoo! Store rebuilt by a
      professional website service in Oct'04. Starting at the time of the
      rebuilt customer visits has been continually dropping.

      Alexa's Speed Rating of my website has dropped from average to
      "Speed: Very Slow (97% of sites are faster), Avg Load Time: 7.7
      Seconds"

      My professional website states not our problem. Yahoo! simply states
      prove it is us. And that is what I am doing, but to who?

      Xenu is finding the "connection aborted" and "cancelled / timeout"
      occur on 1/3 to 2/3 links tested at any given time. This has lead me
      to seek out network testing software. I have found a trial version
      of WebPartner is showing the same problem.

      Any advice on how to present this data to Yahoo! or my professional?

      Cutting out the ok, map and other sections showing no problem the
      Xenu report is over 7MB long.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 16, 2005
        On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:36:58 -0000, eenidagent@... wrote:

        >Hello
        >
        >Thank God for Xenu it knows more then the professionals are telling
        >me! While testing for broken links I am finding what appears to be
        >broken scripts and broken networks, too. The broken links I am
        >fixing, but is there any advice on getting the network and scripts
        >fixed?
        >
        >My website is a 14,000 html page Yahoo! Store rebuilt by a
        >professional website service in Oct'04. Starting at the time of the
        >rebuilt customer visits has been continually dropping.
        >
        >Alexa's Speed Rating of my website has dropped from average to
        >"Speed: Very Slow (97% of sites are faster), Avg Load Time: 7.7
        >Seconds"
        >
        >My professional website states not our problem. Yahoo! simply states
        >prove it is us. And that is what I am doing, but to who?
        >
        >Xenu is finding the "connection aborted" and "cancelled / timeout"
        >occur on 1/3 to 2/3 links tested at any given time. This has lead me
        >to seek out network testing software. I have found a trial version
        >of WebPartner is showing the same problem.
        >
        >Any advice on how to present this data to Yahoo! or my professional?
        >
        >Cutting out the ok, map and other sections showing no problem the
        >Xenu report is over 7MB long.

        Xenu isn't a reliable tool to analyse network speed, because it puts an
        unrealistic load on the network. (30 hits and more per second)

        I haven't seen your store, but I'd believe it is a search engine
        problem. Many "professionals" ignore search engine optimizing. I'm not
        talking about dirty "tricks", simply taking care that the titles and the
        texts of the store clearly represent what people are searching for.

        There's of course also the question whether your prices are competitive
        :)

        Tilman
      • eenidagent@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 16, 2005
          --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@s...>
          wrote:
          > >Xenu is finding the "connection aborted" and "cancelled /
          timeout" occur on 1/3 to 2/3 links tested at any given time.

          This has lead me to WebPartner testing the website's network
          traffic. WebPartner is showing the pattern of failures Xenu is
          reporting. Xenu was showing the same failures at 4 parallel threads
          or 100.

          BTW my professional downloaded Xenu. While they never admitted it
          the amount of time they took suggested they had the same problems.

          > I'd believe it is a search engine problem. Many "professionals"
          ignore search engine optimizing.

          At the time I had the work done SEO was on my list of additions.

          Prior to the work I was getting 2,000 customers a day from Google,
          under 200 customers now. Same keywords, titles, descriptions. The
          only thing I can find or measure is the speed issue interlinked with
          the timeouts and no connections.

          > talking about dirty "tricks",

          Is there a service or software to test for this?

          > whether your prices are competitive

          High mid range and Froogle sends over 300 hits a day.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 18, 2005
            On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:25:43 -0000, eenidagent@... wrote:

            >> I'd believe it is a search engine problem. Many "professionals"
            >ignore search engine optimizing.
            >
            >At the time I had the work done SEO was on my list of additions.
            >
            >Prior to the work I was getting 2,000 customers a day from Google,
            >under 200 customers now.

            This does suggest a SEO problem.

            >Same keywords, titles, descriptions. The
            >only thing I can find or measure is the speed issue interlinked with
            >the timeouts and no connections.

            Tell us (or just me, if you don't want to have the name of your shop in
            the yahoo groups archive) your URL, and I'll have a look if I notice
            anything... I'm not a SEO "expert", but I have read articles on the
            topic since search engines exist. I can give your simple advices that
            you could confirm by looking at your page.

            >> talking about dirty "tricks",
            >
            >Is there a service or software to test for this?

            Don't know... one can look. For example, tons of irrelevant hidden
            keywords can be found by pressing CTRL-A while viewing the page. Useless
            meta keywords can be found by looking at the source.

            What you can also do, is to search on google/yahoo for what you think
            your customers would search. Then look where you are on google, and
            where the others are.

            One more thing about your connections... go to different internet cafes
            (at the time when you usually have most customers), and access your shop
            to see how it works.

            Tilman
          • eenidagent@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 19, 2005
              Using Xenu over the weekend I flooded my website (www.eenid.us) with
              over 500,000 hits trying to complete a clean broken links test. Now
              it is a matter of time to see if there is any results.

              I can report no broken links and the "no
              connection", "cancelled/timeout" and "connection aborted" error
              messages are drastically reduced. As of now no website test for
              broken links has completed without indictions of network blockages
              and/or failures.

              I did use a trial version of WebPartner to actually run tests on my
              website and was getting confirmations of the Xenu error data.