Xenu Errors ... ?

  • Robert Wall
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2014
    I'm using the plain ol' Xenu file (the most current one that you get when you click the regular "download" button on the Xenu site).

    Every so often, Xenu reports an internal error. It tells me that it can't open a temp file (and then gives a path to said temp file) because the file doesn't exist.

    If I click "Ok", it goes back to chugging through its list of URLs. There don't seem to be any other negative consequences.

    Two questions....

    1) Is there anything that you could think of that would cause this?
    2) Is there any way to just tell Xenu to ignore the error and keep going?

    Sometimes I'll be processing a list that's a couple hundred thousand URLs long, and it's frustrating to walk away from it and come back later only to discover that it only made it to 8,000 URLs or so before it generated an error and stopped processing.

    Any thoughts?

    January 19, 2014 at 6:33 AM

    Hi Frank,

    I inserted the webpronews video years ago, and I just removed it. I
    assume that the site is the victim of a malware attack.

    Tilman

    Am 19.01.2014 13:26, schrieb Frank Visser:
    > hi tilman,
    >
    > accessing your Xenu download page (http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html) in Chrome gave me a malware warning, related to a known malware source (videos.webpronews.com) which was supposedly insterted on this page.
    >
    > could you check?
    >
    > frank
    >

    > ------------------------------------
    >
    > Yahoo Groups Links

    January 19, 2014 at 6:26 AM

    hi tilman,

    accessing your Xenu download page (http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html) in Chrome gave me a malware warning, related to a known malware source (videos.webpronews.com) which was supposedly insterted on this page.

    could you check?

    frank

  • wpemit
    Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2014
      Avoid running cleanup-Programms like CCleaner during running XENu on your system.
      Ensure that the user is logged in on your system is allowed to creat temporary files.
      Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2014
      Hi,

      If the answer by Wolfgang doesn't help, please attach a screenshot of the message.

      Also, clean up your %temp% directory first, before doing the next run.

      The current beta of Xenu has a different method to create temp files, however they are still created in the %TEMP% directory.

      Tilman