Re: [xenu-usergroup] Show Pages linking to External Link

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2004
      On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:38:20 -0000, webdotnet03 wrote:

      >Now, could someone let me know if it is possible to get printed
      >report of External Links that shows the Pages linking to the external
      >link. So far, I've only been able to see the pages linking to an
      >external link by right clicking on the link in the Xenu window and
      >choosing Properties. I would like to be able to see the "pages
      >linking to this one" on a report of all external links.

      This is not possible... such a report would be enormous, since you ask
      for details about *working* links. Technically, it wouldn't be difficult
      for me to implement. But you would possibly get a 50 MB report, and then
      never try this again.
    • webdotnet03
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 29, 2004
        Tilman,
        Thanks for the info. Maybe I just have too specific a need.
        We restrict our external links through a Links Policy so we only have
        260 external links on our whole site right now. I was just looking
        for a column on the External Links report that would show what page
        (s) that external link was found on, so if it went against the policy
        I would know which department webmaster to contact to have it
        removed/changed.

        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@b...>