RE: Re: [xenu-usergroup] redirection with new acces method ?

  • sorin_frumuseanu
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 9, 2013

      Using online reditection tools I receive 301, not 303.

      Please verify cosmedica.ro www and non www.

      Thank you

      --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, <xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      That is 303, yes. The text might be misleading, I took it it from a microsoft file. Wikipedia names it as "see other".

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_303

      If xenu stops there and tells this error, it means you configured "treat redirections as errors".

      Tilman

      Am 09.09.2013 01:52, schrieb sorin_frumuseanu@...:
      I receive for the homepage of a site "redirection with new acces method" and xenu stops crawling, even if scan the www or non www version.
      Is a 301 or something else?
      Thank you

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 9, 2013
        http://cosmedica.ro/ produces 301 (object permanently moved).
        http://www.cosmedica.ro/ seems to work fine, although some URLs have 301.

        You initially said you get 303. So what exactly is your question?

        Tilman

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 9, 2013
            This isn't what I get, I get this:

            Maybe your server delivers different codes depending on the country.

            Why do you insist on treating redirections as errors anyway?

            Btw, when I access your site with a browser, it redirects to the italian version. Nobody in Germany speaks italian, unless they are Italian. Redirect to the english site instead.

            Tilman