redirection with new acces method ?

  • sorin_frumuseanu
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8 4:52 PM
      I receive for the homepage of a site "redirection with new acces method" and xenu stops crawling, even if scan the www or non www version.
      Is a 301 or something else?
      Thank you
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 9 5:59 AM
        That is 303, yes. The text might be misleading, I took it it from a microsoft file. Wikipedia names it as "see other".

        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_303

        If xenu stops there and tells this error, it means you configured "treat redirections as errors".

        Tilman

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 9 8:35 AM
            http://cosmedica.ro/ produces 301 (object permanently moved).
            http://www.cosmedica.ro/ seems to work fine, although some URLs have 301.

            You initially said you get 303. So what exactly is your question?

            Tilman

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 9 10:53 AM
                This isn't what I get, I get this:

                Maybe your server delivers different codes depending on the country.

                Why do you insist on treating redirections as errors anyway?

                Btw, when I access your site with a browser, it redirects to the italian version. Nobody in Germany speaks italian, unless they are Italian. Redirect to the english site instead.

                Tilman