Re: [xenu-usergroup] gzip encoding not supported in 1.3.9 beta?

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2013
      No, its not supported, and I don't send a header that claims it is. If
      your server sends gzipped content anyway then it is broken.

      I did think about it, don't remember why I didn't implement it. I might
      think about it again.

      Tilman

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 29, 2013
        Hi Mark,
        It is not sending such a header.
        If your server works properly, it shouldn't send anything encrypted
        unless getting such a header.
        However I'm working on something. I hope that a "nightly build" will be
        available withing a few days / weeks.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 30, 2013
          This version supports gzip content encoding:

          Tell me if it works for you.

          There is no difference in the display (except that the duration times
          are about 40% less), i.e. if you want to see with your own eyes that the
          compression is active, use fiddler or wireshark or any other tool that
          can trace http traffic. Not all servers support it.