gzip encoding not supported in 1.3.9 beta?

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2013
      If I'm reading the response correctly, it looks like Xenu can't decode a gzipped response, which makes me wonder if it is sending an Accept-Encoding header, and perhaps if my web server is not configured to listen to that header directive.

      Has anyone else run into this? Any workarounds? Encoding web pages with gzip is getting much more common...
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2013
        No, its not supported, and I don't send a header that claims it is. If
        your server sends gzipped content anyway then it is broken.

        I did think about it, don't remember why I didn't implement it. I might
        think about it again.

        Tilman

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2013
          Hi Mark,
          It is not sending such a header.
          If your server works properly, it shouldn't send anything encrypted
          unless getting such a header.
          However I'm working on something. I hope that a "nightly build" will be
          available withing a few days / weeks.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 30, 2013
            This version supports gzip content encoding:

            Tell me if it works for you.

            There is no difference in the display (except that the duration times
            are about 40% less), i.e. if you want to see with your own eyes that the
            compression is active, use fiddler or wireshark or any other tool that
            can trace http traffic. Not all servers support it.