Xenu on Ubuntu report

  • Dave Kimble
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2013
      I have recently made the final switch from Windows 7 to Ubuntu 13.04,
      and tried Xenu under Wine.
      Targeting my web-site, the first few times it stopped abruptly, not
      always at the same point, and then I realised it was due to time=30.

      So instead I ran it against my website back-up files and it finished the
      spidering OK in 18 seconds (6151 URLs), and asked if I wanted a report -
      yes. This hangs using 25% of CPU time with a small window titled "Create
      ... map" with an Abort button, which doesn't work. The process xenu.exe
      has to be killed.

      So I switched off some of the reporting options, including sitemap, and
      then it runs OK.
      Then I tried File > Create Google Sitemap File > /.../sitemap.xml
      and a file is created but it only contains:

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">
      </urlset>

      with no indication that anything has gone wrong.

      At some stage in all of this, my /home/ partition became full. In fact
      it was /home/xxx/.wine/drive_c/windows/temp/ that was full of stuff, so
      I deleted it. When it doesn't hang, the tidy-up leaves /temp/ empty.

      Is there another way of getting a sitemap out of it?

      Dave