Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: Special chars in URls

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16, 2013
      Yes, I can't do international domains. I tried it once, but there is a
      multithreads-related bug in the library I used, and I don't have a time
      to find it.
      Tilman

      Am 16.04.2013 15:00, schrieb Wolfgang:
      > Beta does work much better.
      > only http://www.ihre-ärztinnenen linked on: http://www.friedrichsdorf.de/lebeninfriedrichsdorf/gesundheit/aerzte.php ... could not be resolved (why the hell do they use a special-character domain?)
      >
      > --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...> wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> Please try the current beta:
      >> http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenubeta.zip
      >>
      >> Some links now work, some (2 - schulamt and schornsteinfeger) are
      >> broken. All are displayed ugly because they use UTF8 in an iso page. The
      >> broken links, when tested with a browser, don't bring a visual error
      >> message, they bring the homepage ("herzlich willkommen").
      >>
      >> Tilman
      >>
      >> Am 16.04.2013 09:38, schrieb Wolfgang:
      >>> Hi,
      >>> german special characters like ÄÖÜ in URLs seem not to be supported by 1.3.8.
      >>> Crawling www.friedrichsdorf.de many external URLs are not resolved by this XENU version.
      >>> Browsers like Firefox/Chrome/Opera and "not"Browsers like IE will follow thes links without problems.
      >>>
      >>> My exemplarily HTML-Code looks like that:

    • Wolfgang
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 18, 2013
        Hi Tilman,
        Unlikely the beta ignores "ignore URLS beginning with".
        I exclude some paths and domains in this section.
        The beta calls them as well as URLS not marked to ignore.
        best regards
        Wolfgang

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 18, 2013
          Hello Wolfgang,
          Please send a .XEN file of your work to tilman at snafu dot de and I'll
          have a look (I think we've emailed before). I did make a change there
          (related to the "convert to lower case" option), I hope I didn't mess up
          something. Sadly I didn't get feedback from the person for whom I did
          the change, and I'm also quite busy due to myself moving.
          Tilman