Re: Special chars in URls

  • Wolfgang
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16, 2013
      Beta does work much better.
      only http://www.ihre-ärztinnenen linked on: http://www.friedrichsdorf.de/lebeninfriedrichsdorf/gesundheit/aerzte.php ... could not be resolved (why the hell do they use a special-character domain?)

      > Hi,
      >
      > Please try the current beta:
      > http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenubeta.zip
      >
      > Some links now work, some (2 - schulamt and schornsteinfeger) are
      > broken. All are displayed ugly because they use UTF8 in an iso page. The
      > broken links, when tested with a browser, don't bring a visual error
      > message, they bring the homepage ("herzlich willkommen").
      >
      > Tilman
      >
      > Am 16.04.2013 09:38, schrieb Wolfgang:
      > > Hi,
      > > german special characters like ÄÖÜ in URLs seem not to be supported by 1.3.8.
      > > Crawling www.friedrichsdorf.de many external URLs are not resolved by this XENU version.
      > > Browsers like Firefox/Chrome/Opera and "not"Browsers like IE will follow thes links without problems.
      > >
      > > My exemplarily HTML-Code looks like that:

    • Wolfgang
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 16, 2013
        first i forgot: a .de
        http://www.ihre-ärztinnenen.de

        second i forgot to thank you ;-)
        Thank you.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 16, 2013
          Yes, I can't do international domains. I tried it once, but there is a
          multithreads-related bug in the library I used, and I don't have a time
          to find it.
          Tilman

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 18, 2013
            Hi Tilman,
            Unlikely the beta ignores "ignore URLS beginning with".
            I exclude some paths and domains in this section.
            The beta calls them as well as URLS not marked to ignore.
            best regards
            Wolfgang

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 18, 2013
              Hello Wolfgang,
              Please send a .XEN file of your work to tilman at snafu dot de and I'll
              have a look (I think we've emailed before). I did make a change there
              (related to the "convert to lower case" option), I hope I didn't mess up
              something. Sadly I didn't get feedback from the person for whom I did
              the change, and I'm also quite busy due to myself moving.
              Tilman