Re: [xenu-usergroup] Special chars in URls

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16, 2013

      Please try the current beta:

      Some links now work, some (2 - schulamt and schornsteinfeger) are
      broken. All are displayed ugly because they use UTF8 in an iso page. The
      broken links, when tested with a browser, don't bring a visual error
      message, they bring the homepage ("herzlich willkommen").

      Tilman

      Am 16.04.2013 09:38, schrieb Wolfgang:
      > Hi,
      > german special characters like ÄÖÜ in URLs seem not to be supported by 1.3.8.
      > Crawling www.friedrichsdorf.de many external URLs are not resolved by this XENU version.
      > Browsers like Firefox/Chrome/Opera and "not"Browsers like IE will follow thes links without problems.
      >
      > My exemplarily HTML-Code looks like that:

    • Wolfgang
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 16, 2013
        Beta does work much better.
        only http://www.ihre-ärztinnenen linked on: http://www.friedrichsdorf.de/lebeninfriedrichsdorf/gesundheit/aerzte.php ... could not be resolved (why the hell do they use a special-character domain?)

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 16, 2013
          first i forgot: a .de
          http://www.ihre-ärztinnenen.de

          second i forgot to thank you ;-)
          Thank you.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 16, 2013
            Yes, I can't do international domains. I tried it once, but there is a
            multithreads-related bug in the library I used, and I don't have a time
            to find it.
            Tilman

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 18, 2013
              Hi Tilman,
              Unlikely the beta ignores "ignore URLS beginning with".
              I exclude some paths and domains in this section.
              The beta calls them as well as URLS not marked to ignore.
              best regards
              Wolfgang

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 18, 2013
                Hello Wolfgang,
                Please send a .XEN file of your work to tilman at snafu dot de and I'll
                have a look (I think we've emailed before). I did make a change there
                (related to the "convert to lower case" option), I hope I didn't mess up
                something. Sadly I didn't get feedback from the person for whom I did
                the change, and I'm also quite busy due to myself moving.
                Tilman