Special chars in URls

  • Wolfgang
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16 12:38 AM
      Hi,
      german special characters like ÄÖÜ in URLs seem not to be supported by 1.3.8.
      Crawling www.friedrichsdorf.de many external URLs are not resolved by this XENU version.
      Browsers like Firefox/Chrome/Opera and "not"Browsers like IE will follow thes links without problems.

      My exemplarily HTML-Code looks like that:
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 16 3:17 AM
        Hi,

        Please try the current beta:

        Some links now work, some (2 - schulamt and schornsteinfeger) are
        broken. All are displayed ugly because they use UTF8 in an iso page. The
        broken links, when tested with a browser, don't bring a visual error
        message, they bring the homepage ("herzlich willkommen").

        Tilman

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 16 6:00 AM
          Beta does work much better.
          only http://www.ihre-ärztinnenen linked on: http://www.friedrichsdorf.de/lebeninfriedrichsdorf/gesundheit/aerzte.php ... could not be resolved (why the hell do they use a special-character domain?)

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 16 6:02 AM
            first i forgot: a .de
            http://www.ihre-ärztinnenen.de

            second i forgot to thank you ;-)
            Thank you.

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 16 6:04 AM
              Yes, I can't do international domains. I tried it once, but there is a
              multithreads-related bug in the library I used, and I don't have a time
              to find it.
              Tilman

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 18 7:45 AM
                Hi Tilman,
                Unlikely the beta ignores "ignore URLS beginning with".
                I exclude some paths and domains in this section.
                The beta calls them as well as URLS not marked to ignore.
                best regards
                Wolfgang

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 18 11:24 AM
                  Hello Wolfgang,
                  Please send a .XEN file of your work to tilman at snafu dot de and I'll
                  have a look (I think we've emailed before). I did make a change there
                  (related to the "convert to lower case" option), I hope I didn't mess up
                  something. Sadly I didn't get feedback from the person for whom I did
                  the change, and I'm also quite busy due to myself moving.
                  Tilman