Re: Puzzling Xenu Behavior

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012
      I edited and re-filed a half-dozen or so web site files and corrected the problem. Thanks a million, Tilman!

      Tilman Hausherr wrote:

      Sorry, my answer was not really correct, as the rest will show.

      Use "save as" in notepad, and instead of "unicode", choose ANSI (which is the iso-8859-1 mentioned in your HTML, or almost)

      I tried this, and the resulting TXT file was only half the size. So what you had was unicode text, i.e. two bytes per character. Its probably not illegal, but highly unusual.

      Tilman