Show Pages linking to External Link

  • webdotnet03
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2004
      First, I thank you all for making this product available and the
      great documentation. In IE was able to File > Print > Options > Print
      all Linked Documents and print the whole manual out at once!

      Now, could someone let me know if it is possible to get printed
      report of External Links that shows the Pages linking to the external
      link. So far, I've only been able to see the pages linking to an
      external link by right clicking on the link in the Xenu window and
      choosing Properties. I would like to be able to see the "pages
      linking to this one" on a report of all external links.
      Can anyone help me?
      thanks
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28, 2004
        On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:38:20 -0000, webdotnet03 wrote:

        >Now, could someone let me know if it is possible to get printed
        >report of External Links that shows the Pages linking to the external
        >link. So far, I've only been able to see the pages linking to an
        >external link by right clicking on the link in the Xenu window and
        >choosing Properties. I would like to be able to see the "pages
        >linking to this one" on a report of all external links.

        This is not possible... such a report would be enormous, since you ask
        for details about *working* links. Technically, it wouldn't be difficult
        for me to implement. But you would possibly get a 50 MB report, and then
        never try this again.
      • webdotnet03
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 29, 2004
          Tilman,
          Thanks for the info. Maybe I just have too specific a need.
          We restrict our external links through a Links Policy so we only have
          260 external links on our whole site right now. I was just looking
          for a column on the External Links report that would show what page
          (s) that external link was found on, so if it went against the policy
          I would know which department webmaster to contact to have it
          removed/changed.

          --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@b...>