Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: How to check only external links

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 19, 2012
      Sorry, didn't read fully yesterday. You can't check external links
      "deep", unless you include such sites in the initial dialog box (see
      other answer from yesterday). But if the external sites you want to
      check are all different and you don't know them before, then Xenu won't
      be able to do this.

      Tilman

      Am 18.09.2012 19:27, schrieb read031:
      > Thanks for the reply. Setting it to 1 does not prevent the local link checking I was hoping to avoid, nor would it have been able to check the external links I needed checked 2-3 pages deep.
      >
      > --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...> wrote:
      >> Try setting maximum depth to 1.
      >>
      >> Tilman
      >>
      >> Am 18.09.2012 17:59, schrieb read031:
      >>> I was hoping for some advice on how to achieve the following.
      >>>
      >>> My starting point is http://mysite.com which contains a few thousand of internal links that i don't want need to check the health of. I need to check only the external links that begin a link deep--on all of those pages linked to from the starting point url.
      >>>
      >>> The thousands of pages that contain the external links I'm concerned about contain more internal than external urls, and I'm not concerned about those either. Just the external links 2 and 3 pages deep from my entry point.
      >>>
      >>> Any advice on how to check those external links that begin a link deep without checking the internal links that contain them is greatly appreciated!

    • read031
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 20, 2012
        Thanks again for the responses. I think this is the case for me in this scenario.