new problem with XENU

  • jeytor3
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 11, 2005
      Hi everyone,
      I have used Xenu for some years,
      This last time I tried to check my links Xenu finishes instantly and
      gives the message (in red) http://mysite.com file not found. I had
      just visited the site and I know it is up and working. Can anyone
      help?
      Thanks,
      J.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 11, 2005
        On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:46:25 -0000, jeytor3 <jle3@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        > I have used Xenu for some years,
        > This last time I tried to check my links Xenu finishes instantly and
        > gives the message (in red) http://mysite.com file not found. I had
        > just visited the site and I know it is up and working. Can anyone

        I suspect a general problem with your computer, i.e. that it doesn't scan
        anything. Try Xenu on any other website and see what happens.

        If it still doesn't work (which I assume), check this:

        - is it possible to access the site with Microsoft Internet Explorer?

        (I am NOT talking about other browsers like Mozilla. Xenu needs some IE
        components to work)

        if not:
        - is your hard disk full?
        - do you have all the user rights you need?
        - is your firewall configured properly?
        - is you proxy configured properly?
        - did you install or deinstall something new recently?

        Tilman
      • Jack Eyton
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 12, 2005
          Hi,
          I think you have solved my problem.
          I have Firefox browser as my default browser.
          How will I get Xenu to use I. E. instead of Firefox?
          Thanks,
          J.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 12, 2005
            On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:47:54 -0800, Jack Eyton wrote:

            >Hi,
            >I think you have solved my problem.
            >I have Firefox browser as my default browser.
            >How will I get Xenu to use I. E. instead of Firefox?

            It will use IE, if IE is configured. IE doesn't have to be the default.
            Start IE and try to access your URLs. If it doesn't work, ask your
            sysadmin why.

            Tilman

            >Thanks,
            >J.
            >
            >Tilman Hausherr wrote:
            >
            >>On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:46:25 -0000, jeytor3 <jle3@...> wrote:
            >>

            >>>Hi everyone,
            >>>I have used Xenu for some years,
            >>>This last time I tried to check my links Xenu finishes instantly and
            >>>gives the message (in red) http://mysite.com file not found. I had
            >>>just visited the site and I know it is up and working. Can anyone
            >>>

            >>I suspect a general problem with your computer, i.e. that it doesn't scan
            >>anything. Try Xenu on any other website and see what happens.
            >>
            >>If it still doesn't work (which I assume), check this:
            >>
            >>- is it possible to access the site with Microsoft Internet Explorer?
            >>
            >>(I am NOT talking about other browsers like Mozilla. Xenu needs some IE
            >>components to work)
            >>
            >>if not:
            >>- is your hard disk full?
            >>- do you have all the user rights you need?
            >>- is your firewall configured properly?
            >>- is you proxy configured properly?
            >>- did you install or deinstall something new recently?
            >>
            >>Tilman
            >>

            >>Yahoo! Groups Links

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Jack Eyton
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 14, 2005
              Hi Tilman,
              I reset I.E. as my default browser, Xenu still does not work.
              I can access the site with I.E. and with Firefox.
              My hard disk is not full, I have all priviliges needed, firewall is the
              same as before,
              Have never needed to configure a proxy before, and the only new software
              I have installed is Firefox. Any ideas?
              Thanks,
              J.

              Tilman Hausherr wrote:

              >On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:47:54 -0800, Jack Eyton wrote:
              >

              >>Hi,
              >>I think you have solved my problem.
              >>I have Firefox browser as my default browser.
              >>How will I get Xenu to use I. E. instead of Firefox?
              >>

              >It will use IE, if IE is configured. IE doesn't have to be the default.
              >Start IE and try to access your URLs. If it doesn't work, ask your
              >sysadmin why.
              >
              >Tilman
              >

              >>Thanks,
              >>J.
              >>
              >>Tilman Hausherr wrote:

              >>>I suspect a general problem with your computer, i.e. that it doesn't scan
              >>>anything. Try Xenu on any other website and see what happens.
              >>>
              >>>If it still doesn't work (which I assume), check this:
              >>>
              >>>- is it possible to access the site with Microsoft Internet Explorer?
              >>>
              >>>(I am NOT talking about other browsers like Mozilla. Xenu needs some IE
              >>>components to work)
              >>>
              >>>if not:
              >>>- is your hard disk full?
              >>>- do you have all the user rights you need?
              >>>- is your firewall configured properly?
              >>>- is you proxy configured properly?
              >>>- did you install or deinstall something new recently?
              >>>
              >>>Tilman
              >>>

              >>>Yahoo! Groups Links

              >>Yahoo! Groups Links

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • STuart STeele
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 14, 2005
                Freezing,

                Yes it now does this to me too.

                XP SP2

                _____

                Tilman Hausherr wrote:

                >On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:47:54 -0800, Jack Eyton wrote:
                >

                >>Hi,
                >>I think you have solved my problem.
                >>I have Firefox browser as my default browser.
                >>How will I get Xenu to use I. E. instead of Firefox?
                >>

                >It will use IE, if IE is configured. IE doesn't have to be the default.
                >Start IE and try to access your URLs. If it doesn't work, ask your
                >sysadmin why.
                >
                >Tilman
                >

                >>Thanks,
                >>J.
                >>
                >>Tilman Hausherr wrote:

                >>>I suspect a general problem with your computer, i.e. that it doesn't scan
                >>>anything. Try Xenu on any other website and see what happens.
                >>>
                >>>If it still doesn't work (which I assume), check this:
                >>>
                >>>- is it possible to access the site with Microsoft Internet Explorer?
                >>>
                >>>(I am NOT talking about other browsers like Mozilla. Xenu needs some IE
                >>>components to work)
                >>>
                >>>if not:
                >>>- is your hard disk full?
                >>>- do you have all the user rights you need?
                >>>- is your firewall configured properly?
                >>>- is you proxy configured properly?
                >>>- did you install or deinstall something new recently?
                >>>
                >>>Tilman
                >>>

                >>>Yahoo! Groups Links

                >>Yahoo! Groups Links

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129798j6n/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr
                oups/S=1705005512:HM/EXP=1105806651/A=2532114/R=2/SIG=12kadqmvt/*http://clk.
                atdmt.com/NFX/go/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=1105720251557886>

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
                :HM/A=2532114/rand=768527963>

                _____

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 14, 2005
                  Hello to both of you,

                  I really don't know. All I could do is to have a look on your system
                  with "remote assistance". You must have Windows XP, and a firewall that
                  lets remote assistance requests through (I suggest XP SP2 without
                  firewall), and MSN Messenger. Contact me directly for my MSN address.

                  Xenu can scan big sites. Ask the webmaster of confluence.org :-)
                  (fascinating site, and very well designed)

                  Tilman

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 19, 2005

                    Please check your %temp% directory, and delete all TGH*.* files, and
                    tell me whether it works then.