Obfuscation in mailto:

  • Frank Mahoney
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2012
      The current version detects "%40" and replaces it with "@", So far, so good.

      It would be nice if there were a way to specify a different substitution string, or a table of them.
      For example, instead of (or in addition to)
      replace string %40 with @
      I need
      replace string [at] with @

      Many users would find something like
      replace string .remove with
      (which would delete the string) helpful.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2012
        If I can recognize it, then it isn't obfuscation :-)

        The %40 is probably standard HTML.

        Tilman