Re: Location of Report Files

  • simon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15 2:11 AM
      Sorry but that is not a good idea.

      In W7 one shouldn't log in as Administrator to install software, just as one shouldn't normally log in as root to do so on a unix system. Other mechanisms are provided and installation packages should use them.

      In this case there is a minor glitch in the xenu installer. It is not a big problem once one understands what is going on.

      Anyway, thank you for your suggestion. It would have cured the symptoms but not solved the underlying problem. In fact the simplest solution is to finish installing and then launch xenu from the Start menu or shortcut. Please see my follow-up post.

      Regards
      Simon.