Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: someone remind me how check how to check .php files ?

    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2011
      On Tue, 31 May 2011 12:49:48 -0700, Al Guevara wrote:

      >Thanks Tilman
      >
      >So I need Apache and Php installed?

      Yes. IMO, you can't work with php alone, you always need a server.

      You should ask questions in a forum or a newsgroup that deals with such
      problems (and no, I don't know which one). Or just try it yourself after
      reading the web pages from the search below.

      Tilman

      > >http://www.google.de/search?q=windows+install+local+php+server+apache
      >
      > >Tilman
      >

      > >On Tue, 31 May 2011 10:33:56 -0700, Al Guevara wrote:
      >
      > >>That was PHP I installed. So I guess I dont know what a local local web server is?
      > >Can you give me a DL link?
      > >>Im on Win 7 Pre!
    • Al Guevara
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2011
        Ok, and thank you!

        From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
        To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: someone remind me how check how to check .php files ?

        >On Tue, 31 May 2011 12:49:48 -0700, Al Guevara wrote:

        >>Thanks Tilman
        >>
        >>So I need Apache and Php installed?

        >Yes. IMO, you can't work with php alone, you always need a server.

        >You should ask questions in a forum or a newsgroup that deals with such
        >problems (and no, I don't know which one). Or just try it yourself after
        >reading the web pages from the search below.

        >Tilman

        >> >http://www.google.de/search?q=windows+install+local+php+server+apache
        >>
        >> >Tilman

        >server is?
        >> >Can you give me a DL link?

      • Fischer, Thomas
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
          Hi Al,

          I don't know what kind of a system you're using, but most Windows machines come these days with a preinstalled webserver which only needs to be activated. For your purposes this will do. Check http://digitizor.com/2009/02/20/how-to-install-microsoft-iis-server-on-windows-7/.

          Best
          Thomas