Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: someone remind me how check how to check .php files ?

  • Al Guevara
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 12:49 PM
      Thanks Tilman

      So I need Apache and Php installed?

      From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
      To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: someone remind me how check how to check .php files ?

      Message 2 of 4 , May 31 1:22 PM
        On Tue, 31 May 2011 12:49:48 -0700, Al Guevara wrote:

        >Thanks Tilman
        >
        >So I need Apache and Php installed?

        Yes. IMO, you can't work with php alone, you always need a server.

        You should ask questions in a forum or a newsgroup that deals with such
        problems (and no, I don't know which one). Or just try it yourself after
        reading the web pages from the search below.

        Tilman

        > >http://www.google.de/search?q=windows+install+local+php+server+apache
        >
        > >Tilman
        >

        > >On Tue, 31 May 2011 10:33:56 -0700, Al Guevara wrote:
        >
        > >>That was PHP I installed. So I guess I dont know what a local local web server is?
        > >Can you give me a DL link?
        > >>Im on Win 7 Pre!
      • Al Guevara
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31 4:15 PM
          Ok, and thank you!

          From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
          To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com

          >On Tue, 31 May 2011 12:49:48 -0700, Al Guevara wrote:

          >>Thanks Tilman
          >>
          >>So I need Apache and Php installed?

          >Yes. IMO, you can't work with php alone, you always need a server.

          >You should ask questions in a forum or a newsgroup that deals with such
          >problems (and no, I don't know which one). Or just try it yourself after
          >reading the web pages from the search below.

          >Tilman

          >> >http://www.google.de/search?q=windows+install+local+php+server+apache
          >>
          >> >Tilman

          >server is?
          >> >Can you give me a DL link?

        • Fischer, Thomas
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2011
            Hi Al,

            I don't know what kind of a system you're using, but most Windows machines come these days with a preinstalled webserver which only needs to be activated. For your purposes this will do. Check http://digitizor.com/2009/02/20/how-to-install-microsoft-iis-server-on-windows-7/.

            Best
            Thomas