Why will XENU rate some exisiting URLs with an Error

  • Wolfgang
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2011
      The following URL is marged as an Error:
      http://www.sma.de/de/service/faq/artikel/faq///272.html

      "// is always an error when checking remote URLs" but it is able to open the named page in a browser.

      Why does XENU think that is failurable?
      Is it possible to configure XENU to ignore such type of error?
      best regards
      Wolfgang
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2011
        On Tue, 24 May 2011 14:55:49 -0000, Wolfgang wrote:

        >The following URL is marged as an Error:
        >http://www.sma.de/de/service/faq/artikel/faq///272.html
        >
        >"// is always an error when checking remote URLs" but it is able to open the named page in a browser.
        >
        >Why does XENU think that is failurable?

        Because a // will often link to a /// URL, ands that one to a ////
        URL... you get the point.

        >Is it possible to configure XENU to ignore such type of error?

        I see that your site apparently uses the triple / for something....
        because http://www.sma.de/de/service/faq/artikel/faq/272.html doesn't
        work. I remember that one broken CMS uses these as arguments.

        Anyway, I updated the software
        so that you can set it in the INI file:

        [Options]
        CheckDoubleSlash=0

        (default is 1)

        Tilman

        >best regards
        >Wolfgang

      • Wolfgang
        Message 3 of 3 , May 24, 2011
          Thank you Tilman,
          it seems to work fine and will help my formerly colleague to create a website with an higher level of correctness.

          Thx