Re: [xenu-usergroup] Local files ending in php

  • Tono
    Message 1 of 24 , May 24, 2011
      The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2011 4:45 PM
      Subject: RE: [xenu-usergroup] Local files ending in php

      I can attest that Wamp and Xamp are easy enough to configure. They both render .php files. Although from what I’m reading @ is an error suppressor operator – not the designator for a query string. That is a ? so index.php@name=34 should read index.php?name=34

      But is still needs to be run through a local server.

      Message 2 of 24 , May 24, 2011
        How must I do to put a local web server? Before, I only say to Xenu  http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/index.php  and with some files works and with another not.

        Message 3 of 24 , May 24, 2011
          You download something for the web. Thus you don't get php source code,
          but the result from the php server, thus normal HTML. So "Offline
          Explorer Pro" should rename all these files to .html and also correct
          the internal links. Otherwise, that tool is worthless for this case.

          Tilman

          On Tue, 24 May 2011 09:09:31 +0200, Tono wrote:

          >The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

        • Tono
          Message 4 of 24 , May 24, 2011
            Yes, but I can browse offline in these files. But I like to check how many and which kind are the files and if there are broken links.

            You download something for the web. Thus you don't get php source code,
            but the result from the php server, thus normal HTML. So "Offline
            Explorer Pro" should rename all these files to .html and also correct
            the internal links. Otherwise, that tool is worthless for this case.

            Tilman

            On Tue, 24 May 2011 09:09:31 +0200, Tono wrote:

            >The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

          • Tono
            Message 5 of 24 , May 24, 2011
              How must I do to put a local web server? Before, I only say to Xenu  http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/index.php  and with some files works and with another not.

              On Mon, 23 May 2011 23:03:53 +0200, Tono wrote:

              >It does not work fine. For example, Xenu give "no conection" for: http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty
              >
              >but the file exists when I put in a browser like file:///K:/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty

              That isn't the same, and it isn't a Xenu problem, rather a problem of
              setting up your local server. "file:///K:" is your file system.
              "http://127.0.0.1:800" is a local web server. First check whether you
              can open that URL within a browser. If you can't, then your server
              doesn't work (or you don't have any server at all), or you're using the
              wrong port.

              >And so on. With this, Xenu does not put the orphan files.
              >
              >For local files from Offline Explorer Pro, Xenu does not work fine. The files are something like: picture.php@page=45&name=3 and so on.

              Ok, so these aren't your files, you just downloaded them from the
              internet, from the site that is NSFW, and you want to use Xenu to see if
              it is complete. I think the problem is that this "Offline Explorer Pro"
              didn't rename them to .html. Look at the options of that software.

              Tilman

            • Fischer, Thomas
              Message 6 of 24 , May 24, 2011

                as far as I see your download tool "Offline Explorer Pro" will download pages from a website. If these are dynamic pages, created by some script (cgi or php or whatever), the respective parameters will be encoded using an "@" in place of the standard "?" and will be treated by "Offline Explorer Pro" as regular files (something like this has to be done to work with them at all, since the scripts themselves are not available for download).
                "Offline Explorer Pro" seems to contain a custom service, which will be installed on port 800 to access these files through a standard web browser.
                And as far as I see, Xenu will happily check those URLs (for me it is: http://127.0.0.1:800/Standard/www.mathguide.de/cgi-bin/ssgfi/navigator2.pl@db=math_2Ftype=subj) if you start it with the appropriate port and link.

                Cheers
                Thomas

                Yes, but I can browse offline in these files. But I like to check how many and which kind are the files and if there are broken links.

                You download something for the web. Thus you don't get php source code,
                but the result from the php server, thus normal HTML. So "Offline
                Explorer Pro" should rename all these files to .html and also correct
                the internal links. Otherwise, that tool is worthless for this case.

                Tilman

                On Tue, 24 May 2011 09:09:31 +0200, Tono wrote:

                >The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

              • Tono
                Message 7 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                  Well, nice feature for next release:

                  Consider as HTML files the ones like theese (with wildcards):  *.php@*

                  Message 8 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                    On Tue, 24 May 2011 11:37:18 +0200, Tono wrote:

                    >Well, nice feature for next release:
                    >
                    >Consider as HTML files the ones like theese (with wildcards): *.php@*

                    No, because in your case - if I've understood the problem correctly - it
                    is another piece of software that is alleged to be broken. You should
                    contact THEM that they produce .html files. Renaming files is something
                    they can do, sometimes:

                    http://forum.metaproducts.com/Post.aspx?ID=5219&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

                    Tilman

                  • Fischer, Thomas

                      Message 10 of 24 , May 28, 2011
                        If OE does not produce .html files but I can browse offline with them. It would be very nice to be able to check such a downloaded website.

                        I think it would be nice a feature like:  Consider as HTML files the ones like: *.php@*

                        Message 11 of 24 , May 28, 2011
                          On Sat, 28 May 2011 11:55:43 +0200, Tono wrote:

                          >If OE does not produce .html files but I can browse offline with them.

                          Probably, because OE keeps an internal list of files that have the
                          text/html MIME type.

                          >It would be very nice to be able to check such a downloaded website.

                          You can, if you use the local webserver that OE provides apparently. You
                          mentioned that you can access them with http://127.0.0.1:800/

                          >I think it would be nice a feature like: Consider as HTML files the ones like: *.php@*

                          Rather not. This would be about one day of work just so that you can
                          check whether your NSFW download is complete :-) This feature isn't
                          really something that will help anyone else that you, I think.

                          Tilman