RE: [xenu-usergroup] Local files ending in php

  • Deborah Rorabaugh
    Message 1 of 24 , May 22 7:45 AM

      I can attest that Wamp and Xamp are easy enough to configure. They both render .php files. Although from what I’m reading @ is an error suppressor operator – not the designator for a query string. That is a ? so index.php@name=34 should read index.php?name=34

      But is still needs to be run through a local server.

      Message 2 of 24 , May 24 12:09 AM
        The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

        I can attest that Wamp and Xamp are easy enough to configure. They both render .php files. Although from what I’m reading @ is an error suppressor operator – not the designator for a query string. That is a ? so index.php@name=34 should read index.php?name=34

        But is still needs to be run through a local server.

        On Fri, 20 May 2011 23:49:46 +0200, Tono wrote:

        >How can I set up that php files get the text/html MIME type?

        In the registry, go to

        HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.php

        there, change the "Content Type" key to "text/html".

        Tilman

        Regards,
        Stephen

      • Tono
        Message 3 of 24 , May 24 12:11 AM
          How must I do to put a local web server? Before, I only say to Xenu  http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/index.php  and with some files works and with another not.

          Message 4 of 24 , May 24 1:13 AM
            You download something for the web. Thus you don't get php source code,
            but the result from the php server, thus normal HTML. So "Offline
            Explorer Pro" should rename all these files to .html and also correct
            the internal links. Otherwise, that tool is worthless for this case.

            Tilman

            On Tue, 24 May 2011 09:09:31 +0200, Tono wrote:

            >The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

          • Tono
            Message 5 of 24 , May 24 1:17 AM
              Yes, but I can browse offline in these files. But I like to check how many and which kind are the files and if there are broken links.

              You download something for the web. Thus you don't get php source code,
              but the result from the php server, thus normal HTML. So "Offline
              Explorer Pro" should rename all these files to .html and also correct
              the internal links. Otherwise, that tool is worthless for this case.

              Tilman

              On Tue, 24 May 2011 09:09:31 +0200, Tono wrote:

              >The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

            • Tono
              Message 6 of 24 , May 24 1:21 AM
                How must I do to put a local web server? Before, I only say to Xenu  http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/index.php  and with some files works and with another not.

                On Mon, 23 May 2011 23:03:53 +0200, Tono wrote:

                >It does not work fine. For example, Xenu give "no conection" for: http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty
                >
                >but the file exists when I put in a browser like file:///K:/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty

                That isn't the same, and it isn't a Xenu problem, rather a problem of
                setting up your local server. "file:///K:" is your file system.
                "http://127.0.0.1:800" is a local web server. First check whether you
                can open that URL within a browser. If you can't, then your server
                doesn't work (or you don't have any server at all), or you're using the
                wrong port.

                >And so on. With this, Xenu does not put the orphan files.
                >
                >For local files from Offline Explorer Pro, Xenu does not work fine. The files are something like: picture.php@page=45&name=3 and so on.

                Ok, so these aren't your files, you just downloaded them from the
                internet, from the site that is NSFW, and you want to use Xenu to see if
                it is complete. I think the problem is that this "Offline Explorer Pro"
                didn't rename them to .html. Look at the options of that software.

                Tilman

              • Fischer, Thomas
                Message 7 of 24 , May 24 2:21 AM

                  as far as I see your download tool "Offline Explorer Pro" will download pages from a website. If these are dynamic pages, created by some script (cgi or php or whatever), the respective parameters will be encoded using an "@" in place of the standard "?" and will be treated by "Offline Explorer Pro" as regular files (something like this has to be done to work with them at all, since the scripts themselves are not available for download).
                  "Offline Explorer Pro" seems to contain a custom service, which will be installed on port 800 to access these files through a standard web browser.
                  And as far as I see, Xenu will happily check those URLs (for me it is: http://127.0.0.1:800/Standard/www.mathguide.de/cgi-bin/ssgfi/navigator2.pl@db=math_2Ftype=subj) if you start it with the appropriate port and link.

                  Cheers
                  Thomas

                  Yes, but I can browse offline in these files. But I like to check how many and which kind are the files and if there are broken links.

                  You download something for the web. Thus you don't get php source code,
                  but the result from the php server, thus normal HTML. So "Offline
                  Explorer Pro" should rename all these files to .html and also correct
                  the internal links. Otherwise, that tool is worthless for this case.

                  Tilman

                  On Tue, 24 May 2011 09:09:31 +0200, Tono wrote:

                  >The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

                • Tono
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 24 2:37 AM
                    Well, nice feature for next release:

                    Consider as HTML files the ones like theese (with wildcards):  *.php@*

                    Message 9 of 24 , May 24 5:04 AM
                      On Tue, 24 May 2011 11:37:18 +0200, Tono wrote:

                      >Well, nice feature for next release:
                      >
                      >Consider as HTML files the ones like theese (with wildcards): *.php@*

                      No, because in your case - if I've understood the problem correctly - it
                      is another piece of software that is alleged to be broken. You should
                      contact THEM that they produce .html files. Renaming files is something
                      they can do, sometimes:

                      http://forum.metaproducts.com/Post.aspx?ID=5219&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

                      Tilman

                    • Fischer, Thomas

                        Message 11 of 24 , May 28 2:55 AM
                          If OE does not produce .html files but I can browse offline with them. It would be very nice to be able to check such a downloaded website.

                          I think it would be nice a feature like:  Consider as HTML files the ones like: *.php@*

                          Message 12 of 24 , May 28 3:20 AM
                            On Sat, 28 May 2011 11:55:43 +0200, Tono wrote:

                            >If OE does not produce .html files but I can browse offline with them.

                            Probably, because OE keeps an internal list of files that have the
                            text/html MIME type.

                            >It would be very nice to be able to check such a downloaded website.

                            You can, if you use the local webserver that OE provides apparently. You
                            mentioned that you can access them with http://127.0.0.1:800/

                            >I think it would be nice a feature like: Consider as HTML files the ones like: *.php@*

                            Rather not. This would be about one day of work just so that you can
                            check whether your NSFW download is complete :-) This feature isn't
                            really something that will help anyone else that you, I think.

                            Tilman