Re: release candidate

  • Jonathan Crane
    Message 1 of 30 , May 17, 2011

      Tilman, mind if I ask you to post the changes to an email message to the group?

      Jonathan Crane

      Message 2 of 30 , May 21, 2011
        ...And another.

        One guy had a seemingly minor bug in the report that showed that a
        change I made one year ago wasn't really good enough.

        The bug was about foreign characters on pages done with ISO-8859-1 (this
        is ANSI, sortof). If you have foreign characters in titles (even if you
        use UTF8), and especially in URLs, please try the current beta.

        Tilman

        On Mon, 16 May 2011 18:55:08 +0200, Tilman Hausherr wrote:

        >I hereby declare that todays beta is a release candidate.
        >http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenubeta.zip
        >
        >Please support me by testing your website with it.
        >
        >I will probably release the 1.3.9 version at the end of the week.

      • Bruce Hartford
        Message 3 of 30 , Dec 16, 2011
          Using the Xenu 1.3.8 I'm getting a ton of false reports of broken links
          to external websites. They have error code 404 (not found), 12007 (no
          such host), 12029 (no connection). Yet when I click on the supposedly
          bad link in the HTML Broken Link Report, the page loads with no problem
          or delay. Over the past few weeks, I estimate that 95% of the supposedly
          broken links Xenu reports have actually been valid URLs.

          Any thoughts?

          Bruce
          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 31, 2011
            Try less threads. Also uncheck "fail all URLs of same failed host" in
            the advanced options dialog.

            Tilman

            On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:25:14 -0800, Bruce Hartford wrote:

            >Using the Xenu 1.3.8 I'm getting a ton of false reports of broken links
            >to external websites. They have error code 404 (not found), 12007 (no
            >such host), 12029 (no connection). Yet when I click on the supposedly
            >bad link in the HTML Broken Link Report, the page loads with no problem
            >or delay. Over the past few weeks, I estimate that 95% of the supposedly
            >broken links Xenu reports have actually been valid URLs.
            >
            >Any thoughts?
            >
            >Bruce

          • Bruce Hartford
            Message 5 of 30 , Dec 31, 2011
              Thanks, I tried your suggestion but no joy. I'm still getting a huge
              number of false "error code: 12007 (no such host)" errors. When I click
              on the URL of the supposedly unavailable site it pops right up.

              Bruce

              On 12/31/2011 2:17 AM, Tilman Hausherr wrote:
              > Try less threads. Also uncheck "fail all URLs of same failed host" in
              > the advanced options dialog.
              >
              > Tilman
              >
              > On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:25:14 -0800, Bruce Hartford wrote:
              >
              >> Using the Xenu 1.3.8 I'm getting a ton of false reports of broken links
              >> to external websites. They have error code 404 (not found), 12007 (no
              >> such host), 12029 (no connection). Yet when I click on the supposedly
              >> bad link in the HTML Broken Link Report, the page loads with no problem
              >> or delay. Over the past few weeks, I estimate that 95% of the supposedly
              >> broken links Xenu reports have actually been valid URLs.
              >>
              >> Any thoughts?
              >>
              >> Bruce

              Bruce Hartford
              Webspinner: Civil Rights Movement Veterans website http://www.crmvet.org
              Sojourner's Blog: http://ohfreedom.wordpress.com
            • Fischer, Thomas
              Message 6 of 30 , Jan 3, 2012
                Hi Bruce,

                can you give examples of the URLs that are reported as failing while working when clicked? Xenu is pickier than browsers about "correct URLs", e.g. it will not follow erroneous relative paths and will regard directories without trailing slash as errors.

                All the best
                Thomas

                Message 7 of 30 , Jan 3, 2012
                  Were these all the same host? (I.e. the part between http:// and the
                  third / )

                  Btw you also need to press CTRL-R to retry after making the changes I
                  mentioned.

                  Tilman

                  Am 31.12.2011 22:23, schrieb Bruce Hartford:
                  > Thanks, I tried your suggestion but no joy. I'm still getting a huge
                  > number of false "error code: 12007 (no such host)" errors. When I click
                  > on the URL of the supposedly unavailable site it pops right up.
                  >
                  > Bruce
                  >

                  > On 12/31/2011 2:17 AM, Tilman Hausherr wrote:
                  >> Try less threads. Also uncheck "fail all URLs of same failed host" in
                  >> the advanced options dialog.
                  >>
                  >> Tilman
                  >>
                  >> On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:25:14 -0800, Bruce Hartford wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> Using the Xenu 1.3.8 I'm getting a ton of false reports of broken links
                  >>> to external websites. They have error code 404 (not found), 12007 (no
                  >>> such host), 12029 (no connection). Yet when I click on the supposedly
                  >>> bad link in the HTML Broken Link Report, the page loads with no problem
                  >>> or delay. Over the past few weeks, I estimate that 95% of the supposedly
                  >>> broken links Xenu reports have actually been valid URLs.
                  >>>
                  >>> Any thoughts?
                  >>>
                  >>> Bruce

                • Bruce Hartford
                  Message 8 of 30 , Jan 3, 2012