RE: [xenu-usergroup] Local files ending in php

  • Deborah Rorabaugh
    Message 1 of 24 , May 20, 2011

      Can you view the php pages properly through a browser? Do the links in and out of those pages work properly locally? If so, Xenu should be able to process them as is. (It does on my machine without any problems.)  If the page itself doesn’t render, then you have a problem with your local server rendering php.

      Message 2 of 24 , May 20, 2011
        On Fri, 20 May 2011 23:49:46 +0200, Tono wrote:

        >How can I set up that php files get the text/html MIME type?

        In the registry, go to

        HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.php

        there, change the "Content Type" key to "text/html".

        Tilman

      • Tono
        Message 3 of 24 , May 22, 2011
          What happens if the file is something like index.php@name=34

          On Fri, 20 May 2011 23:49:46 +0200, Tono wrote:

          >How can I set up that php files get the text/html MIME type?

          In the registry, go to

          HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.php

          there, change the "Content Type" key to "text/html".

          Tilman

        • Stephen Gazard
          Message 4 of 24 , May 22, 2011
            Right, the PHP files you're trying to deal with need to be run through a web server so that the part after the @ is used.

            Do you have these files setup on a webserver (e.g. Apache). If not, thats what needs doing first. To set that up, look up a wamp installation. Xamp is apparently quite good and requires little in the way of configuration to get it running properly.

            Regards,
            Stephen

            Tono <tonospa@...> wrote:

            What happens if the file is something like index.php@name=34

            On Fri, 20 May 2011 23:49:46 +0200, Tono wrote:

            >How can I set up that php files get the text/html MIME type?

            In the registry, go to

            HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.php

            there, change the "Content Type" key to "text/html".

            Tilman

            Regards,
            Stephen
            Message 5 of 24 , May 22, 2011
              On Sun, 22 May 2011 10:52:20 +0200, Tono wrote:

              >What happens if the file is something like index.php@name=34

              Nothing, because it isn't .php.

              I strongly suggest you don't mess with the registry and install a local
              web server on your pc. Its address would then start with
              http://127.0.0.1 .

              Tilman

            • Deborah Rorabaugh
              Message 6 of 24 , May 22, 2011

                I can attest that Wamp and Xamp are easy enough to configure. They both render .php files. Although from what I’m reading @ is an error suppressor operator – not the designator for a query string. That is a ? so index.php@name=34 should read index.php?name=34

                But is still needs to be run through a local server.

                On Fri, 20 May 2011 23:49:46 +0200, Tono wrote:

                >How can I set up that php files get the text/html MIME type?

                In the registry, go to

                HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.php

                there, change the "Content Type" key to "text/html".

                Tilman

                Regards,
                Stephen

              • Tono
                Message 7 of 24 , May 23, 2011
                  It does not work fine. For example, Xenu give "no conection" for:  http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty

                  but the file exists when I put in a browser like  file:///K:/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty

                  And so on. With this, Xenu does not put the orphan files.

                  For local files from Offline Explorer Pro, Xenu does not work fine. The files are something like:  picture.php@page=45&name=3   and so on.

                  Message 8 of 24 , May 23, 2011
                    On Mon, 23 May 2011 23:03:53 +0200, Tono wrote:

                    >It does not work fine. For example, Xenu give "no conection" for: http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty
                    >
                    >but the file exists when I put in a browser like file:///K:/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty

                    That isn't the same, and it isn't a Xenu problem, rather a problem of
                    setting up your local server. "file:///K:" is your file system.
                    "http://127.0.0.1:800" is a local web server. First check whether you
                    can open that URL within a browser. If you can't, then your server
                    doesn't work (or you don't have any server at all), or you're using the
                    wrong port.

                    >And so on. With this, Xenu does not put the orphan files.
                    >
                    >For local files from Offline Explorer Pro, Xenu does not work fine. The files are something like: picture.php@page=45&name=3 and so on.

                    Ok, so these aren't your files, you just downloaded them from the
                    internet, from the site that is NSFW, and you want to use Xenu to see if
                    it is complete. I think the problem is that this "Offline Explorer Pro"
                    didn't rename them to .html. Look at the options of that software.

                    Tilman

                  • Tono
                    Message 9 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                      The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

                      I can attest that Wamp and Xamp are easy enough to configure. They both render .php files. Although from what I’m reading @ is an error suppressor operator – not the designator for a query string. That is a ? so index.php@name=34 should read index.php?name=34

                      But is still needs to be run through a local server.

                      On Fri, 20 May 2011 23:49:46 +0200, Tono wrote:

                      >How can I set up that php files get the text/html MIME type?

                      In the registry, go to

                      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.php

                      there, change the "Content Type" key to "text/html".

                      Tilman

                      Regards,
                      Stephen

                    • Tono
                      Message 10 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                        How must I do to put a local web server? Before, I only say to Xenu  http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/index.php  and with some files works and with another not.

                        Message 11 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                          You download something for the web. Thus you don't get php source code,
                          but the result from the php server, thus normal HTML. So "Offline
                          Explorer Pro" should rename all these files to .html and also correct
                          the internal links. Otherwise, that tool is worthless for this case.

                          Tilman

                          On Tue, 24 May 2011 09:09:31 +0200, Tono wrote:

                          >The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

                        • Tono
                          Message 12 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                            Yes, but I can browse offline in these files. But I like to check how many and which kind are the files and if there are broken links.

                            You download something for the web. Thus you don't get php source code,
                            but the result from the php server, thus normal HTML. So "Offline
                            Explorer Pro" should rename all these files to .html and also correct
                            the internal links. Otherwise, that tool is worthless for this case.

                            Tilman

                            On Tue, 24 May 2011 09:09:31 +0200, Tono wrote:

                            >The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

                          • Tono
                            Message 13 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                              How must I do to put a local web server? Before, I only say to Xenu  http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/index.php  and with some files works and with another not.

                              On Mon, 23 May 2011 23:03:53 +0200, Tono wrote:

                              >It does not work fine. For example, Xenu give "no conection" for: http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty
                              >
                              >but the file exists when I put in a browser like file:///K:/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty

                              That isn't the same, and it isn't a Xenu problem, rather a problem of
                              setting up your local server. "file:///K:" is your file system.
                              "http://127.0.0.1:800" is a local web server. First check whether you
                              can open that URL within a browser. If you can't, then your server
                              doesn't work (or you don't have any server at all), or you're using the
                              wrong port.

                              >And so on. With this, Xenu does not put the orphan files.
                              >
                              >For local files from Offline Explorer Pro, Xenu does not work fine. The files are something like: picture.php@page=45&name=3 and so on.

                              Ok, so these aren't your files, you just downloaded them from the
                              internet, from the site that is NSFW, and you want to use Xenu to see if
                              it is complete. I think the problem is that this "Offline Explorer Pro"
                              didn't rename them to .html. Look at the options of that software.

                              Tilman

                            • Fischer, Thomas
                              Message 14 of 24 , May 24, 2011

                                as far as I see your download tool "Offline Explorer Pro" will download pages from a website. If these are dynamic pages, created by some script (cgi or php or whatever), the respective parameters will be encoded using an "@" in place of the standard "?" and will be treated by "Offline Explorer Pro" as regular files (something like this has to be done to work with them at all, since the scripts themselves are not available for download).
                                "Offline Explorer Pro" seems to contain a custom service, which will be installed on port 800 to access these files through a standard web browser.
                                And as far as I see, Xenu will happily check those URLs (for me it is: http://127.0.0.1:800/Standard/www.mathguide.de/cgi-bin/ssgfi/navigator2.pl@db=math_2Ftype=subj) if you start it with the appropriate port and link.

                                Cheers
                                Thomas

                                Yes, but I can browse offline in these files. But I like to check how many and which kind are the files and if there are broken links.

                                You download something for the web. Thus you don't get php source code,
                                but the result from the php server, thus normal HTML. So "Offline
                                Explorer Pro" should rename all these files to .html and also correct
                                the internal links. Otherwise, that tool is worthless for this case.

                                Tilman

                                On Tue, 24 May 2011 09:09:31 +0200, Tono wrote:

                                >The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

                              • Tono
                                Message 15 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                                  Well, nice feature for next release:

                                  Consider as HTML files the ones like theese (with wildcards):  *.php@*

                                  Message 16 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                                    On Tue, 24 May 2011 11:37:18 +0200, Tono wrote:

                                    >Well, nice feature for next release:
                                    >
                                    >Consider as HTML files the ones like theese (with wildcards): *.php@*

                                    No, because in your case - if I've understood the problem correctly - it
                                    is another piece of software that is alleged to be broken. You should
                                    contact THEM that they produce .html files. Renaming files is something
                                    they can do, sometimes:

                                    http://forum.metaproducts.com/Post.aspx?ID=5219&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

                                    Tilman

                                  • Fischer, Thomas

                                      Message 18 of 24 , May 28, 2011
                                        If OE does not produce .html files but I can browse offline with them. It would be very nice to be able to check such a downloaded website.

                                        I think it would be nice a feature like:  Consider as HTML files the ones like: *.php@*

                                        Message 19 of 24 , May 28, 2011
                                          On Sat, 28 May 2011 11:55:43 +0200, Tono wrote:

                                          >If OE does not produce .html files but I can browse offline with them.

                                          Probably, because OE keeps an internal list of files that have the
                                          text/html MIME type.

                                          >It would be very nice to be able to check such a downloaded website.

                                          You can, if you use the local webserver that OE provides apparently. You
                                          mentioned that you can access them with http://127.0.0.1:800/

                                          >I think it would be nice a feature like: Consider as HTML files the ones like: *.php@*

                                          Rather not. This would be about one day of work just so that you can
                                          check whether your NSFW download is complete :-) This feature isn't
                                          really something that will help anyone else that you, I think.

                                          Tilman