Re: [xenu-usergroup] Local files ending in php

    Message 1 of 24 , May 20, 2011
      You did not write any text in your response.
      Tilman

      On Fri, 20 May 2011 17:30:26 +0200, Tono wrote:

      > Or set up that .php files get the text/html MIME type. Of course, it
      > might happen that your php software will be broken...
      >
      > Tilman

    • Tono
      Message 2 of 24 , May 20, 2011
        How can I set up that php files get the text/html MIME type?

        Or set up that .php files get the text/html MIME type. Of course, it
        might happen that your php software will be broken...

        Tilman

      • Deborah Rorabaugh
        Message 3 of 24 , May 20, 2011

          Can you view the php pages properly through a browser? Do the links in and out of those pages work properly locally? If so, Xenu should be able to process them as is. (It does on my machine without any problems.)  If the page itself doesn’t render, then you have a problem with your local server rendering php.

          Message 4 of 24 , May 20, 2011
            On Fri, 20 May 2011 23:49:46 +0200, Tono wrote:

            >How can I set up that php files get the text/html MIME type?

            In the registry, go to

            HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.php

            there, change the "Content Type" key to "text/html".

            Tilman

          • Tono
            Message 5 of 24 , May 22, 2011
              What happens if the file is something like index.php@name=34

              On Fri, 20 May 2011 23:49:46 +0200, Tono wrote:

              >How can I set up that php files get the text/html MIME type?

              In the registry, go to

              HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.php

              there, change the "Content Type" key to "text/html".

              Tilman

            • Stephen Gazard
              Message 6 of 24 , May 22, 2011
                Right, the PHP files you're trying to deal with need to be run through a web server so that the part after the @ is used.

                Do you have these files setup on a webserver (e.g. Apache). If not, thats what needs doing first. To set that up, look up a wamp installation. Xamp is apparently quite good and requires little in the way of configuration to get it running properly.

                Regards,
                Stephen

                Tono <tonospa@...> wrote:

                What happens if the file is something like index.php@name=34

                On Fri, 20 May 2011 23:49:46 +0200, Tono wrote:

                >How can I set up that php files get the text/html MIME type?

                In the registry, go to

                HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.php

                there, change the "Content Type" key to "text/html".

                Tilman

                Regards,
                Stephen
                Message 7 of 24 , May 22, 2011
                  On Sun, 22 May 2011 10:52:20 +0200, Tono wrote:

                  >What happens if the file is something like index.php@name=34

                  Nothing, because it isn't .php.

                  I strongly suggest you don't mess with the registry and install a local
                  web server on your pc. Its address would then start with
                  http://127.0.0.1 .

                  Tilman

                • Deborah Rorabaugh
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 22, 2011

                    I can attest that Wamp and Xamp are easy enough to configure. They both render .php files. Although from what I’m reading @ is an error suppressor operator – not the designator for a query string. That is a ? so index.php@name=34 should read index.php?name=34

                    But is still needs to be run through a local server.

                    On Fri, 20 May 2011 23:49:46 +0200, Tono wrote:

                    >How can I set up that php files get the text/html MIME type?

                    In the registry, go to

                    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.php

                    there, change the "Content Type" key to "text/html".

                    Tilman

                    Regards,
                    Stephen

                  • Tono
                    Message 9 of 24 , May 23, 2011
                      It does not work fine. For example, Xenu give "no conection" for:  http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty

                      but the file exists when I put in a browser like  file:///K:/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty

                      And so on. With this, Xenu does not put the orphan files.

                      For local files from Offline Explorer Pro, Xenu does not work fine. The files are something like:  picture.php@page=45&name=3   and so on.

                      Message 10 of 24 , May 23, 2011
                        On Mon, 23 May 2011 23:03:53 +0200, Tono wrote:

                        >It does not work fine. For example, Xenu give "no conection" for: http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty
                        >
                        >but the file exists when I put in a browser like file:///K:/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty

                        That isn't the same, and it isn't a Xenu problem, rather a problem of
                        setting up your local server. "file:///K:" is your file system.
                        "http://127.0.0.1:800" is a local web server. First check whether you
                        can open that URL within a browser. If you can't, then your server
                        doesn't work (or you don't have any server at all), or you're using the
                        wrong port.

                        >And so on. With this, Xenu does not put the orphan files.
                        >
                        >For local files from Offline Explorer Pro, Xenu does not work fine. The files are something like: picture.php@page=45&name=3 and so on.

                        Ok, so these aren't your files, you just downloaded them from the
                        internet, from the site that is NSFW, and you want to use Xenu to see if
                        it is complete. I think the problem is that this "Offline Explorer Pro"
                        didn't rename them to .html. Look at the options of that software.

                        Tilman

                      • Tono
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                          The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

                          I can attest that Wamp and Xamp are easy enough to configure. They both render .php files. Although from what I’m reading @ is an error suppressor operator – not the designator for a query string. That is a ? so index.php@name=34 should read index.php?name=34

                          But is still needs to be run through a local server.

                          On Fri, 20 May 2011 23:49:46 +0200, Tono wrote:

                          >How can I set up that php files get the text/html MIME type?

                          In the registry, go to

                          HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.php

                          there, change the "Content Type" key to "text/html".

                          Tilman

                          Regards,
                          Stephen

                        • Tono
                          Message 12 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                            How must I do to put a local web server? Before, I only say to Xenu  http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/index.php  and with some files works and with another not.

                            Message 13 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                              You download something for the web. Thus you don't get php source code,
                              but the result from the php server, thus normal HTML. So "Offline
                              Explorer Pro" should rename all these files to .html and also correct
                              the internal links. Otherwise, that tool is worthless for this case.

                              Tilman

                              On Tue, 24 May 2011 09:09:31 +0200, Tono wrote:

                              >The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

                            • Tono
                              Message 14 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                                Yes, but I can browse offline in these files. But I like to check how many and which kind are the files and if there are broken links.

                                You download something for the web. Thus you don't get php source code,
                                but the result from the php server, thus normal HTML. So "Offline
                                Explorer Pro" should rename all these files to .html and also correct
                                the internal links. Otherwise, that tool is worthless for this case.

                                Tilman

                                On Tue, 24 May 2011 09:09:31 +0200, Tono wrote:

                                >The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

                              • Tono
                                Message 15 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                                  How must I do to put a local web server? Before, I only say to Xenu  http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/index.php  and with some files works and with another not.

                                  On Mon, 23 May 2011 23:03:53 +0200, Tono wrote:

                                  >It does not work fine. For example, Xenu give "no conection" for: http://127.0.0.1:800/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty
                                  >
                                  >but the file exists when I put in a browser like file:///K:/WH5/divinecats.co.uk/members/bio.php@name=Bounty

                                  That isn't the same, and it isn't a Xenu problem, rather a problem of
                                  setting up your local server. "file:///K:" is your file system.
                                  "http://127.0.0.1:800" is a local web server. First check whether you
                                  can open that URL within a browser. If you can't, then your server
                                  doesn't work (or you don't have any server at all), or you're using the
                                  wrong port.

                                  >And so on. With this, Xenu does not put the orphan files.
                                  >
                                  >For local files from Offline Explorer Pro, Xenu does not work fine. The files are something like: picture.php@page=45&name=3 and so on.

                                  Ok, so these aren't your files, you just downloaded them from the
                                  internet, from the site that is NSFW, and you want to use Xenu to see if
                                  it is complete. I think the problem is that this "Offline Explorer Pro"
                                  didn't rename them to .html. Look at the options of that software.

                                  Tilman

                                • Fischer, Thomas
                                  Message 16 of 24 , May 24, 2011

                                    as far as I see your download tool "Offline Explorer Pro" will download pages from a website. If these are dynamic pages, created by some script (cgi or php or whatever), the respective parameters will be encoded using an "@" in place of the standard "?" and will be treated by "Offline Explorer Pro" as regular files (something like this has to be done to work with them at all, since the scripts themselves are not available for download).
                                    "Offline Explorer Pro" seems to contain a custom service, which will be installed on port 800 to access these files through a standard web browser.
                                    And as far as I see, Xenu will happily check those URLs (for me it is: http://127.0.0.1:800/Standard/www.mathguide.de/cgi-bin/ssgfi/navigator2.pl@db=math_2Ftype=subj) if you start it with the appropriate port and link.

                                    Cheers
                                    Thomas

                                    Yes, but I can browse offline in these files. But I like to check how many and which kind are the files and if there are broken links.

                                    You download something for the web. Thus you don't get php source code,
                                    but the result from the php server, thus normal HTML. So "Offline
                                    Explorer Pro" should rename all these files to .html and also correct
                                    the internal links. Otherwise, that tool is worthless for this case.

                                    Tilman

                                    On Tue, 24 May 2011 09:09:31 +0200, Tono wrote:

                                    >The @ is what Offline Explorer Pro put in the downloaded php files instead of ?

                                  • Tono
                                    Message 17 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                                      Well, nice feature for next release:

                                      Consider as HTML files the ones like theese (with wildcards):  *.php@*

                                      Message 18 of 24 , May 24, 2011
                                        On Tue, 24 May 2011 11:37:18 +0200, Tono wrote:

                                        >Well, nice feature for next release:
                                        >
                                        >Consider as HTML files the ones like theese (with wildcards): *.php@*

                                        No, because in your case - if I've understood the problem correctly - it
                                        is another piece of software that is alleged to be broken. You should
                                        contact THEM that they produce .html files. Renaming files is something
                                        they can do, sometimes:

                                        http://forum.metaproducts.com/Post.aspx?ID=5219&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

                                        Tilman

                                      • Fischer, Thomas

                                          Message 20 of 24 , May 28, 2011
                                            If OE does not produce .html files but I can browse offline with them. It would be very nice to be able to check such a downloaded website.

                                            I think it would be nice a feature like:  Consider as HTML files the ones like: *.php@*

                                            Message 21 of 24 , May 28, 2011
                                              On Sat, 28 May 2011 11:55:43 +0200, Tono wrote:

                                              >If OE does not produce .html files but I can browse offline with them.

                                              Probably, because OE keeps an internal list of files that have the
                                              text/html MIME type.

                                              >It would be very nice to be able to check such a downloaded website.

                                              You can, if you use the local webserver that OE provides apparently. You
                                              mentioned that you can access them with http://127.0.0.1:800/

                                              >I think it would be nice a feature like: Consider as HTML files the ones like: *.php@*

                                              Rather not. This would be about one day of work just so that you can
                                              check whether your NSFW download is complete :-) This feature isn't
                                              really something that will help anyone else that you, I think.

                                              Tilman