Orphans

  • Steve B.
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2011
    I would like to check my site for orphans but cannot figure out how to make the FTP connection through Xenu, although I can with my FTP program.  I have attached screenshots of 2 of 14 recent attempts.  Each screen shows my Filezilla connection on the left and the failing Xenu connection on the right.  In the Overall screen I log onto my primary URL stevebottorff.com and drill down to the directory for the secondary URL I am checking. sharpeningmadeeasy.com.  In the sme screen I log directly onto the URL sharpeningmadeeasy.com.  Please advise what I am doing wrong.  BTW, I am using fptes.  Do I need to set my host to use standard ftp for Xenu?

    Thanks,
    Steve
    --
    Steve Bottorff
    www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com

    Message 2 of 4 , Apr 19, 2011

      The problem seems to be that you're using an encrypted connection. Xenu
      doesn't support this. I can't find a free MFC library for it, sadly.

      Tilman

      On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:18:29 -0400, Steve B. wrote:

      >[Attachment(s) from Steve B. included below]
      >

      >I would like to check my site for orphans but cannot figure out how to make the FTP connection through Xenu, although I can with my FTP program. I have attached screenshots of 2 of 14 recent attempts. Each screen shows my Filezilla connection on the left and the failing Xenu connection on the right. In the Overall screen I log onto my primary URL stevebottorff.com and drill down to the directory for the secondary URL I am checking. sharpeningmadeeasy.com. In the sme screen I log directly onto the URL sharpeningmadeeasy.com. Please advise what I am doing wrong. BTW, I am using fptes. Do I need to set my host to use standard ftp for Xenu?
    • Steve B
      Message 3 of 4 , Oct 26, 2012
        Has anything changed re the support of ftpes or sftp?

        Message 4 of 4 , Oct 26, 2012
          No. Reason - same as before :-(

          Tilman