Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: new beta with duplicate page content detection

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 17 7:44 AM
      On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 14:08:04 -0000, Steve B wrote:

      >Tilman,
      >
      >Have you given any thought to a spell checker?

      No. First because Link Sleuth doesn't have a full HTML parser, second
      because I have no experience with spell checking. Plus, spell checking
      should be done in the HTML authoring software. Unlike links, language
      doesn't "rot", so it stays correct after being checked once.

      As long as I have my day job, I don't have the time for "big"
      improvements. I might still do some small improvements, however. (And
      no, this won't include filters or multi selection) I might do some
      small SEO related improvements, although Xenu isn't a SEO tool.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 22 12:49 PM
        Today I've expanded that subsection so that duplicate titles and
        descriptions are also listed. Again, the results are amazing, especially
        if your modus operandi is to copy existing pages and then forget to
        change title and/or description.

        The feature will not work on existing scans done with a version from
        before April 17.

        Tilman