Re: new beta with duplicate page content detection

  • Steve B
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 17, 2011
      Tilman,

      Have you given any thought to a spell checker?

      Steve
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2011
        On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 14:08:04 -0000, Steve B wrote:

        >Tilman,
        >
        >Have you given any thought to a spell checker?

        No. First because Link Sleuth doesn't have a full HTML parser, second
        because I have no experience with spell checking. Plus, spell checking
        should be done in the HTML authoring software. Unlike links, language
        doesn't "rot", so it stays correct after being checked once.

        As long as I have my day job, I don't have the time for "big"
        improvements. I might still do some small improvements, however. (And
        no, this won't include filters or multi selection) I might do some
        small SEO related improvements, although Xenu isn't a SEO tool.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 22, 2011
          Today I've expanded that subsection so that duplicate titles and
          descriptions are also listed. Again, the results are amazing, especially
          if your modus operandi is to copy existing pages and then forget to
          change title and/or description.

          The feature will not work on existing scans done with a version from
          before April 17.

          Tilman