new beta with keywords

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2011
      I've uploaded a new beta that has the keywords column. It took me less
      time to add it than to constantly answer requests explaining that it is
      useless.

      Although Xenu isn't a SEO tool, I wonder if I should add something that
      does statistical evaluation of the description column. What is needed?
      Duplicates? Long content? Empty content? Or...?

      Tilman

      PS: the .XEN archive format has changed, i.e. if you save with this beta
      you can't open it with an older version.
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2011
        Today I've added a subsection to the report (at the end of the
        "management" section) that detects duplicate page content. It will only
        work on new scans, not on saved existing scans. The results are
        interesting even if you don't do SEO.

        On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 15:18:14 +0200, Tilman Hausherr wrote:

        >I've uploaded a new beta that has the keywords column. It took me less
        >time to add it than to constantly answer requests explaining that it is
        >useless.
        >http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenubeta.zip
        >
        >Although Xenu isn't a SEO tool, I wonder if I should add something that
        >does statistical evaluation of the description column. What is needed?
        >Duplicates? Long content? Empty content? Or...?
        >
        >Tilman
        >
        >PS: the .XEN archive format has changed, i.e. if you save with this beta
        >you can't open it with an older version.
      • Steve B
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 17, 2011
          Tilman,

          Have you given any thought to a spell checker?

          Steve
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 17, 2011
            On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 14:08:04 -0000, Steve B wrote:

            >Tilman,
            >
            >Have you given any thought to a spell checker?

            No. First because Link Sleuth doesn't have a full HTML parser, second
            because I have no experience with spell checking. Plus, spell checking
            should be done in the HTML authoring software. Unlike links, language
            doesn't "rot", so it stays correct after being checked once.

            As long as I have my day job, I don't have the time for "big"
            improvements. I might still do some small improvements, however. (And
            no, this won't include filters or multi selection) I might do some
            small SEO related improvements, although Xenu isn't a SEO tool.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 22, 2011
              Today I've expanded that subsection so that duplicate titles and
              descriptions are also listed. Again, the results are amazing, especially
              if your modus operandi is to copy existing pages and then forget to
              change title and/or description.

              The feature will not work on existing scans done with a version from
              before April 17.

              Tilman