Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: "Empty URL" error in reports

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2011
      Send me the HTML, and also a .XEN file of your session. (this will help
      finding after what existing link the empty url appears.

      If it isn't an intranet, you can simply send me the URL.

      If I get good examples, I will add them to the FAQ.

      It can of course also be an empty image link, an empty script link, or
      an empty page background link.

      Tilman ( tilman at snafu dot de )

      On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 17:05:19 -0000, mrchuck1115 <ygroups@...> wrote:

      > --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr
      <tilman@...> wrote:> No its not a catchall. There's probably a
      empty URL reports. I
      > examine the source code of the cited pages but can't find any missing
      > references. What else should Iook for?> On Wed, 23 Mar 2011
      14:38:24 -0000, synikull wrote:>I was wondering what exactly "empty
      URL" meant on the reports. I currently have 7 of these. I've looked at
      the pages and there are no empty <a></a> tags; all of them
      have both an address and something inside the tags. -- Charles

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2011
        Yes, background="" is an empty URL for Xenu.

        Tilman

        On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 18:28:56 -0000, mrchuck1115 wrote:

        >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...>
        >wrote:> No its not a catchall. There's probably a <a href=""> or similar
        >there.
        >
        >I've been repairing a Website that generates several Empty URL reports.
        >I have searched the HTML source code and found no empty references in
        >the anchor tags.
        >
        >I did notice, though, that area of the page just before the Empty URL
        >does not validate. That is, it doesn't comply to HTML standards. It
        >pointed me to one Joomla extension. I have notified the author of that
        >extension listing the errors his code. (Among other things, he put a
        >background element in a table data tag.)

      • synikull
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2011

          > Yes, background="" is an empty URL for Xenu.
          >
          > Tilman

          This fixed all but one of my errors. The last one has a lot of scripts for a slide-show like gallery, with the first image having an empty source (presumably due to the scripts). I think I'm going to just leave that one alone.