Re: "Empty URL" error in reports

  • mrchuck1115
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 2 10:05 AM
      > No its not a catchall. There's probably a <a href=""> or similar there.

      Like synikull, I also have seen the empty URL reports. I examine the source code of the cited pages but can't find any missing references. What else should Iook for?

      --
      Charles

    • mrchuck1115
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4 11:28 AM
        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...> wrote:> No its not a catchall. There's probably a <a href=""> or similar there.

        I've been repairing a Website that generates several Empty URL reports. I have searched the HTML source code and found no empty references in the anchor tags.

        I did notice, though, that area of the page just before the Empty URL does not validate. That is, it doesn't comply to HTML standards. It pointed me to one Joomla extension. I have notified the author of that extension listing the errors his code. (Among other things, he put a background element in a table data tag.)

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5 3:55 AM
          Send me the HTML, and also a .XEN file of your session. (this will help
          finding after what existing link the empty url appears.

          If it isn't an intranet, you can simply send me the URL.

          If I get good examples, I will add them to the FAQ.

          It can of course also be an empty image link, an empty script link, or
          an empty page background link.

          Tilman ( tilman at snafu dot de )

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 5 10:55 PM
            Yes, background="" is an empty URL for Xenu.

            Tilman

            On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 18:28:56 -0000, mrchuck1115 wrote:

            >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...>
            >wrote:> No its not a catchall. There's probably a <a href=""> or similar
            >there.
            >
            >I've been repairing a Website that generates several Empty URL reports.
            >I have searched the HTML source code and found no empty references in
            >the anchor tags.
            >
            >I did notice, though, that area of the page just before the Empty URL
            >does not validate. That is, it doesn't comply to HTML standards. It
            >pointed me to one Joomla extension. I have notified the author of that
            >extension listing the errors his code. (Among other things, he put a
            >background element in a table data tag.)

          • synikull
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 6 3:37 PM

              > Yes, background="" is an empty URL for Xenu.
              >
              > Tilman

              This fixed all but one of my errors. The last one has a lot of scripts for a slide-show like gallery, with the first image having an empty source (presumably due to the scripts). I think I'm going to just leave that one alone.