pls update TIMEOUTS

  • geoffday2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 3:50 AM
      I've had some good luck with what "timeouts" in XENU indicate - but recently there are SO MANY of these reported.

      I check into the documentation, and I find that I can (could) change the timeouts= parameter in xenu.ini at one time, but now that seems like that feature has been removed.

      I find MANY timeouts in lots of different websites and I can't tell if this is a function of the code, or the server, or the internet connection between myself and the host.

      Additional tools and years of experience helps, but in the meantime, it would be great if Tilman or someone could weigh in on Timeouts (the dreaded 12002 error!)

      Questions would be: What are some formal steps for troubleshooting, is there a chance that we can set the parameters in XENU or elsewhere, etc.

      This is one of the greatest little software tools going. Keep up the good work.

      I know when I'm looking at others website troubleshooters' lists of cool tools that if they don't list XENU, they aren't really worth looking at.

      Tilman - whatever you are doing (I imagine it is pretty good) - stay busy and focused until you feel like speaking up - hopefully others will chime in here.

      Thanks !
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 7:18 AM
        See http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
        Nr. 24
        especially this:
        uncheck "fail all URLs with same failed host" in the advanced options dialog

        Besides that - the usual: check the logs of your server, your firewall
        (DoS protection), use less threads, etc.

        Tilman