Re: [xenu-usergroup] why not memorization of passes in Xenu?

  • Tucson-webdesign.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
      Not complaining Tilman, asking you a question about an option to SAVE the password.

      Sorry for the abbreviations I use, its a "on email since 1986" thing, type as short a message as I can.
      Al

      From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
      To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] why not memorization of passes in Xenu?

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
        On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:47:08 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

        >Not complaining Tilman, asking you a question about an option to SAVE the password.
        >
        >Sorry for the abbreviations I use, its a "on email since 1986" thing, type as short a message as I can.

        Well, "pass" and "passes" are existing words that would describe a Xenu
        scan. You might want to use non-existing words for abbreviations. This
        has cost a lot of time to find out what your question was. You might
        even want to reconsider using abbreviations at all - at least when you
        ask somebody something - because you depend on them. My own experience
        with clients is that they're happy when an e-mail is almost like a
        business mail. I'm not asking for that, but I prefer a mail that isn't a
        riddle.

        I don't save the password because it would either be in clear text, or
        it would be in an encoding that wouldn't be safe. I just don't have a
        solution.

        Tilman

        >Al

      • Tucson-webdesign.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 5, 2011
          Thank for the explanation Tilman, and sory for the abbr. hassle.

          From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
          To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com