Re: [xenu-usergroup] why not memorization of passes in Xenu?

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
      On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:00:37 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

      >Be nice not to have to put them in "everything", especially when you have 15+25 sites to check weekly. Imp sure you have your "privacy" reasons, but maybe there more reasons Imp not aware of?

      I think I now understand what you mean. With "passes" you mean
      "passwords", correct? You're complaining that the password has to be
      entered every time again?

      Tilman
    • Tucson-webdesign.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
        Not complaining Tilman, asking you a question about an option to SAVE the password.

        Sorry for the abbreviations I use, its a "on email since 1986" thing, type as short a message as I can.
        Al

        From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
        To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] why not memorization of passes in Xenu?

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
          On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:47:08 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

          >Not complaining Tilman, asking you a question about an option to SAVE the password.
          >
          >Sorry for the abbreviations I use, its a "on email since 1986" thing, type as short a message as I can.

          Well, "pass" and "passes" are existing words that would describe a Xenu
          scan. You might want to use non-existing words for abbreviations. This
          has cost a lot of time to find out what your question was. You might
          even want to reconsider using abbreviations at all - at least when you
          ask somebody something - because you depend on them. My own experience
          with clients is that they're happy when an e-mail is almost like a
          business mail. I'm not asking for that, but I prefer a mail that isn't a
          riddle.

          I don't save the password because it would either be in clear text, or
          it would be in an encoding that wouldn't be safe. I just don't have a
          solution.

          Tilman

          >Al

        • Tucson-webdesign.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 5, 2011
            Thank for the explanation Tilman, and sory for the abbr. hassle.

            From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
            To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com