Re: [xenu-usergroup] why not memorization of passes in Xenu?

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
      On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:56:22 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

      >Imp sorry - the Remote Orphan check Tilman

      I still don't understand what you mean with "Be nice not to have to put
      them in "everything", especially when you have 15+25 sites to check
      weekly" and "why not memorization of passes in Xenu"

      You can disable the orphan check, if you wish, in the options dialog.

      Tilman

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
        On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:00:37 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

        >Be nice not to have to put them in "everything", especially when you have 15+25 sites to check weekly. Imp sure you have your "privacy" reasons, but maybe there more reasons Imp not aware of?

        I think I now understand what you mean. With "passes" you mean
        "passwords", correct? You're complaining that the password has to be
        entered every time again?

        Tilman
      • Tucson-webdesign.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
          Not complaining Tilman, asking you a question about an option to SAVE the password.

          Sorry for the abbreviations I use, its a "on email since 1986" thing, type as short a message as I can.
          Al

          From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
          To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] why not memorization of passes in Xenu?

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
            On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:47:08 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

            >Not complaining Tilman, asking you a question about an option to SAVE the password.
            >
            >Sorry for the abbreviations I use, its a "on email since 1986" thing, type as short a message as I can.

            Well, "pass" and "passes" are existing words that would describe a Xenu
            scan. You might want to use non-existing words for abbreviations. This
            has cost a lot of time to find out what your question was. You might
            even want to reconsider using abbreviations at all - at least when you
            ask somebody something - because you depend on them. My own experience
            with clients is that they're happy when an e-mail is almost like a
            business mail. I'm not asking for that, but I prefer a mail that isn't a
            riddle.

            I don't save the password because it would either be in clear text, or
            it would be in an encoding that wouldn't be safe. I just don't have a
            solution.

            Tilman

            >Al

          • Tucson-webdesign.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 5, 2011
              Thank for the explanation Tilman, and sory for the abbr. hassle.

              From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
              To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com