Re: [xenu-usergroup] why not memorization of passes in Xenu?

  • Tucson-webdesign.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
      Imp sorry - the Remote Orphan check Tilman

      From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
      To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] why not memorization of passes in Xenu?

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
        On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:56:22 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

        >Imp sorry - the Remote Orphan check Tilman

        I still don't understand what you mean with "Be nice not to have to put
        them in "everything", especially when you have 15+25 sites to check
        weekly" and "why not memorization of passes in Xenu"

        You can disable the orphan check, if you wish, in the options dialog.

        Tilman

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
          On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:00:37 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

          >Be nice not to have to put them in "everything", especially when you have 15+25 sites to check weekly. Imp sure you have your "privacy" reasons, but maybe there more reasons Imp not aware of?

          I think I now understand what you mean. With "passes" you mean
          "passwords", correct? You're complaining that the password has to be
          entered every time again?

          Tilman
        • Tucson-webdesign.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
            Not complaining Tilman, asking you a question about an option to SAVE the password.

            Sorry for the abbreviations I use, its a "on email since 1986" thing, type as short a message as I can.
            Al

            From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
            To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
              On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:47:08 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

              >Not complaining Tilman, asking you a question about an option to SAVE the password.
              >
              >Sorry for the abbreviations I use, its a "on email since 1986" thing, type as short a message as I can.

              Well, "pass" and "passes" are existing words that would describe a Xenu
              scan. You might want to use non-existing words for abbreviations. This
              has cost a lot of time to find out what your question was. You might
              even want to reconsider using abbreviations at all - at least when you
              ask somebody something - because you depend on them. My own experience
              with clients is that they're happy when an e-mail is almost like a
              business mail. I'm not asking for that, but I prefer a mail that isn't a
              riddle.

              I don't save the password because it would either be in clear text, or
              it would be in an encoding that wouldn't be safe. I just don't have a
              solution.

              Tilman

              >Al

            • Tucson-webdesign.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 5, 2011
                Thank for the explanation Tilman, and sory for the abbr. hassle.

                From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
                To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com