Re: [xenu-usergroup] why not memorization of passes in Xenu?

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
      Sorry, don't understand what you mean; Xenu does remember the
      include/exclude settings of the URLs you check.

      If you mean an "update" feature, i.e. checking just for changed URLs of
      an existing scan - this is incredibly difficult to do, and partially
      impossible because too many web servers don't return a proper date.

      Tilman

      On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 8:57:05 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

      >Be nice not to have to put them in "everything", especially when you have 15+25 sites to check weekly. Imp sure you have your "privacy" reasons, but maybe there more reasons Imp not aware of?
      >Thanks Group/Tilman
      >
      >Thank you much!
      >Al Guevara - Tucson Web Design
      >

      >Web: Website Design, Consultation, Hosting, E-mail, Domain Names
      >Seo: Site optimization, PayPerClick, Submission, Paid Inclusion
      >Content Seed: Update your website without hiring the Webmaster
    • Tucson-webdesign.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
        Imp sorry - the Remote Orphan check Tilman

        From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
        To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] why not memorization of passes in Xenu?

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
          On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:56:22 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

          >Imp sorry - the Remote Orphan check Tilman

          I still don't understand what you mean with "Be nice not to have to put
          them in "everything", especially when you have 15+25 sites to check
          weekly" and "why not memorization of passes in Xenu"

          You can disable the orphan check, if you wish, in the options dialog.

          Tilman

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
            On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:00:37 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

            >Be nice not to have to put them in "everything", especially when you have 15+25 sites to check weekly. Imp sure you have your "privacy" reasons, but maybe there more reasons Imp not aware of?

            I think I now understand what you mean. With "passes" you mean
            "passwords", correct? You're complaining that the password has to be
            entered every time again?

            Tilman
          • Tucson-webdesign.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
              Not complaining Tilman, asking you a question about an option to SAVE the password.

              Sorry for the abbreviations I use, its a "on email since 1986" thing, type as short a message as I can.
              Al

              From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
              To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
                On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:47:08 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

                >Not complaining Tilman, asking you a question about an option to SAVE the password.
                >
                >Sorry for the abbreviations I use, its a "on email since 1986" thing, type as short a message as I can.

                Well, "pass" and "passes" are existing words that would describe a Xenu
                scan. You might want to use non-existing words for abbreviations. This
                has cost a lot of time to find out what your question was. You might
                even want to reconsider using abbreviations at all - at least when you
                ask somebody something - because you depend on them. My own experience
                with clients is that they're happy when an e-mail is almost like a
                business mail. I'm not asking for that, but I prefer a mail that isn't a
                riddle.

                I don't save the password because it would either be in clear text, or
                it would be in an encoding that wouldn't be safe. I just don't have a
                solution.

                Tilman

                >Al

              • Tucson-webdesign.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 5, 2011
                  Thank for the explanation Tilman, and sory for the abbr. hassle.

                  From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
                  To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com