why not memorization of passes in Xenu?

  • Tucson-webdesign.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
      why not memorization of passes in Xenu?

      Be nice not to have to put them in "everything", especially when you have 15+25 sites to check weekly. Imp sure you have your "privacy" reasons, but maybe there more reasons Imp not aware of?

      Thanks Group/Tilman

      Thank you much!

      Al Guevara - Tucson Web Design

      Web: Website Design, Consultation, Hosting, E-mail, Domain Names
      Seo: Site optimization, PayPerClick, Submission, Paid Inclusion
      Content Seed: Update your website without hiring the Webmaster

    • Tucson-webdesign.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
          Sorry, don't understand what you mean; Xenu does remember the
          include/exclude settings of the URLs you check.

          If you mean an "update" feature, i.e. checking just for changed URLs of
          an existing scan - this is incredibly difficult to do, and partially
          impossible because too many web servers don't return a proper date.

          Tilman

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
            Imp sorry - the Remote Orphan check Tilman

            From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
            To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] why not memorization of passes in Xenu?

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
              On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:56:22 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

              >Imp sorry - the Remote Orphan check Tilman

              I still don't understand what you mean with "Be nice not to have to put
              them in "everything", especially when you have 15+25 sites to check
              weekly" and "why not memorization of passes in Xenu"

              You can disable the orphan check, if you wish, in the options dialog.

              Tilman

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
                On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:00:37 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

                >Be nice not to have to put them in "everything", especially when you have 15+25 sites to check weekly. Imp sure you have your "privacy" reasons, but maybe there more reasons Imp not aware of?

                I think I now understand what you mean. With "passes" you mean
                "passwords", correct? You're complaining that the password has to be
                entered every time again?

                Tilman
              • Tucson-webdesign.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
                  Not complaining Tilman, asking you a question about an option to SAVE the password.

                  Sorry for the abbreviations I use, its a "on email since 1986" thing, type as short a message as I can.
                  Al

                  From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
                  To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 4, 2011
                    On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 16:47:08 -0700, Tucson-webdesign.com wrote:

                    >Not complaining Tilman, asking you a question about an option to SAVE the password.
                    >
                    >Sorry for the abbreviations I use, its a "on email since 1986" thing, type as short a message as I can.

                    Well, "pass" and "passes" are existing words that would describe a Xenu
                    scan. You might want to use non-existing words for abbreviations. This
                    has cost a lot of time to find out what your question was. You might
                    even want to reconsider using abbreviations at all - at least when you
                    ask somebody something - because you depend on them. My own experience
                    with clients is that they're happy when an e-mail is almost like a
                    business mail. I'm not asking for that, but I prefer a mail that isn't a
                    riddle.

                    I don't save the password because it would either be in clear text, or
                    it would be in an encoding that wouldn't be safe. I just don't have a
                    solution.

                    Tilman

                    >Al

                  • Tucson-webdesign.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 5, 2011
                      Thank for the explanation Tilman, and sory for the abbr. hassle.

                      From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
                      To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com