Checking mail domains

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2011
      As you know, Xenu checks the domains of mail addresses. Recently I read
      this while doing the same for a java application (not Xenu related):

      http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/showpost.php?p=545780&postcount=4

      "One thing to remember about this approach is the some companies write
      to you from a domain that has no MX record. I think Fidelity
      Investments does this (or did). Consequently if a spam test is based on
      a MX record not existing you may get a unwanted false positives. Better
      to also include a test for an 'A' record. By doing this you are
      effectively rejecting falsified hosts."

      I tried with fidelity.com but they have MX records. Is there anyone here
      who knows a host that accepts mail, but has no MX record?