AW: [xenu-usergroup] Xenu Broken links

  • Fischer, Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 16, 2010
      Hi Immanuel,

      Xenu is stricter in checking and evaluating links than many browsers.
      E.g. it requires a slash at the end of a directory and will not tolerate links beyond the server base: a link like ../../my.html will not be accepted on a page http://www.myserver.com/mySite/.
      Try to look at the links the way they are contained in the source code and compare them to what the browser evaluates, probably there is a problem along these lines.

      Best
      Thomas

      From: Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...>
      Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] Xenu Broken links
      To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, 16 November, 2010, 3:13 AM

      See http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html , Nr. 20

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 16, 2010

        Xenu doesn't care (or even know) how a page is created, whether its
        static or dynamic.

        But I had a look at the http traffic, after noticing that "faking" the
        user agent didn't help. The reason that Xenu doesn't work is because
        your HTML pages come with a 404 error even if they exist!!! Note also
        the Content-Length: 43295. This is really weird and not Xenu's fault.

        HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
        Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:48:15 GMT
        Server: Apache

        (... real html page here ...)