complex javascript link

  • Eugeny.Sattler@RU.NESTLE.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2004
      Hi Frank,
      > hi eugeny,

      > your suggestion did not work, xenu now skipped ALL javascript, but
      > when i deleted the part between <...>, it did work:

      > Javascript=javascript: *[_a-zA-Z0-9]+ *\(
      *['"]((/|ftp://|https?://)[^'"]+)['"]

      > probably < and > are not recognized by xenu?

      Funny. I had no intention to put "<" or ">" into my regexp.
      Neither wanted I to put the second https://
      I think they got there due to my mailserver auto-converting my
      outgoing email from plain text into HTML
      Wherever my mailserver sees "http://something" in outgoing email it
      converts it into <A href = "http://something"> http://something </A>.
      That is undesired behaviour but I can not convince my sysadmin to stop this.
      Now I send this message another way so it should not appear again.

      So what I suggested was

      javascript: *[_a-zA-Z0-9]+ *\(
      *['"]((/|ftp://|https?://|\?[_a-zA-Z0-9]+=)[^'"]+?)['"]

      which is what you got after "correction".
      Presence or lack of question mark in regex ending [^'"]+?)['"] does
      not change the final match. It just influences the way regex engine
      reaches final match. You know where to read about it in detal...
      It is here
      http://download.jgsoft.com/powergrep/SetupPowerGREPDemo.exe
      After downloading and installing this you will found PowerGREP.pdf
      on you hard drive. Open its content page and jump to "Regular expression
      syntax"
      This is an excellent manual on regular expressions - much (~10 times)
      shorter
      than a famous book "Mastering Regular Expressions" by J. Friedl yet
      easier to understand and covering every aspect of regex syntax you need to
      know, without rocket sience complications.

      I always test my new regexes in PowerGREP before applying them in real life
      applications / programming languages.

      Eugeny
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 23, 2004
        eugeny,

        problem solved then! that's the first time i hear of this mail client
        issue, will keep it in mind when we exchange such exotic code.

        i have the powergrep manual on my desk now for reference,

        frank