Mailto: domain name check problem - 'No such host'

  • rwalbutt
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2010
      Our email addresses on our website are now reporting as errors with 'No such host'. Why was it necessary to introduce the mailto domain name check in v1.3.6?

      I can't see a good reason as all of our email addresses (at)naturalengland(dot)org(dot)uk all work fine.

      This new check has messed up our Xenu report. It's now full of mailto errors we don't need to take any action on.

      I'd like to see this mailto check removed in next version or at least an option added to disable this check please.

      Richard
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2010
        On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:46:01 -0000, rwalbutt wrote:

        >Our email addresses on our website are now reporting as errors with 'No such host'. Why was it necessary to introduce the mailto domain name check in v1.3.6?

        Because people asked me for it again and again?

        >I can't see a good reason as all of our email addresses (at)naturalengland(dot)org(dot)uk all work fine.`

        Well, Xenu says they don't apparently... does your DNS server not work
        properly?

        >This new check has messed up our Xenu report. It's now full of mailto errors we don't need to take any action on.
        >
        >I'd like to see this mailto check removed in next version or at least an option added to disable this check please.

        An alternative would be that you put "mailto:" in the exclusion list,
        that might also do it.

        Tilman

        >Richard

      • Shiner
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2010
          On 17/09/2010 11:46, rwalbutt wrote:

          Our email addresses on our website are now reporting as errors with 'No such host'. Why was it necessary to introduce the mailto domain name check in v1.3.6?

          I can't see a good reason as all of our email addresses (at)naturalengland(dot)org(dot)uk all work fine.

          Do you obfuscate your email addresses at all?

          This new check has messed up our Xenu report. It's now full of mailto errors we don't need to take any action on.

          I'd like to see this mailto check removed in next version or at least an option added to disable this check please.

          You can add an exclusion and it won't check for them. (I do this for email addresses I have obfuscated)

          Regards

          Chris