Orphaned Image Files

  • Jack Stringer
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 27, 2010
      Is there a way to get Xenu to check the image files that in use on the
      site against a list found either locally or via FTP.

      I ask only because I have to admin a online shop and I can see the image
      folder getting bigger and bigger. I would like to keep a tab on this and
      delete older unused images.

      Jack Stringer
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 27, 2010
        On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 22:05:46 +0100, Jack Stringer wrote:

        >Is there a way to get Xenu to check the image files that in use on the
        >site against a list found either locally or via FTP.

        Sure, have you tried the orphan search when the report is launched?
        However this requires that the whole site is searched first. Use a very
        low # (possible as low as 1) of threads so that the online shop doesn't
        get or down. Also, save your work, in case you have questions later.
        And, to be careful, if you delete something, ask the shop owner first
        if, from his memory, these images are indeed no longer used for any
        products.

        Tilman