Xenu, Google and Sitemap

  • Aryeh Oron
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2010
      Hi all,

      My website has over 22,000 pages, over 90,000 files, and numerous internal links
      I use Xenu about once a month for checking internal links.
      From the statistics provided by the Xenu's check link process, it seems that Xenu finds all the pages.
      How can I check that Google also finds all the pages in my website?
      If Google indeed finds all the pages, is there any reason to add option of Sitemap to Google?

      Thanks,

      Aryeh Oron
      Bach and Jazz Music Fan
      WebMaster of Bach Cantatas Website: http://www.bach-cantatas.com
      RingMaster of J.S. Bach Web Ring: http://b.webring.com/hub?ring=jsbachwebring
    • Andrew H Lohmann
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2010
        Site maps can be submitted to search engines to initally inform those engines of your sites existance and set up the catagorisation that the search engine's webcrawlers would do automatically in subsequently in the following months anyway. In doing that yourself you can better place your website's catagorys but it continue to evolve anyway. See Google Webmaster, Google Analytics and Yahoo Siteexplore for example. They do similar or complementry things to Zenu but they are not the same.

        Andrew
        Network: http://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewlohmann