how to test the links INSIDE the 404 error pages?

  • Ignacio Seron
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2010
      Hello.
      Today I realize that many 404 pages have links inside them. ( when you customize the 404 page for example)
      And I was wondering.. how to test them using xenu?

      Cheers
      Ignacio

      P.S: For example,  a random 404 error page in IBM  have links inside--> http://www.ibm.com/968243968432l

      "Our apologies…

      The page you requested cannot be displayed

      Suggested actions

    • Jan Hendrik
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 9, 2010
        Concerning [xenu-usergroup] how to test the li
        Ignacio Seron wrote on 9 Jun 2010, 10:36, at least in part:

        > Hello.
        > Today I realize that many 404 pages have links inside them. ( when you
        > customize the 404 page for example)
        > *And I was wondering.. how to test them using xenu?*

        E.g. include these files in your sitemap (or some other listing,
        errorpages.html for instance) and check that with Xenu. Or just
        check them file by file in Xenu if you only have a few.

        JH
        Freedom quote:

        Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.
        -- Theodore Roosevelt, quoting a West African proverb